Sleep Green – Certified Eco Youth Hostel is looking for an enthusiastic, positive-minded tourism & hospitality intern to join our small hostel team ideally from MARCH or APRIL 2018. Sleep Green is the first urban youth hostel in Spain that was awarded the EU Ecolabel for its commitment to sustainable tourism.
The internship is full-time (40 hours), divided into a morning and evening shift (including weekends) and is remunerated with 300€ pocket money a month. No accommodation is provided in exchange for the internship. The minimum duration of the internship is 4 full months.
THE INTERNSHIP ENTAILS THE FOLLOWING TASKS:
– Front office management (taking care of check-ins and check-outs, cash handling, providing EXCELLENT customer service, etc.)
– Social media marketing (administrating the hostel’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest accounts)
– Other tasks (e.g. marketing activities or translations) are subject to the demand of the hostel and interest of the student
– Light housekeeping (maintaining a general cleanliness at the hostel and providing laundry service)
– Fluent in English and very good Spanish skills
– Enrolment in tourism and/or business and/or marketing studies
– Preferably strong interest in sustainability and/or responsible tourism
– Service-minded, out-going personality, enjoying interaction with people from different cultures and countries
– Ability to work independently
– Proactivity, flexibility and sense of responsibility
– Minimum availability of 4 full months