Offers hands-on experience in the exciting world of hotel operations and hospitality, necessary to prepare for and develop a career path within Marriott International’s portfolio of brands.
During the time of your internship, you will have the opportunity to acquire responsibilities and to develop your organizational and communication skills by:
• Assisting the Event Manager in daily tasks.
• Being responsible for all Leisure groups/series.
• Make all signage applicable for the Events – door cards, buffet labels, menu cards, etc.
• Prepare the Banquet Events Orders for the following week and distribute them to the concerned departments.
• Handle smaller catering only groups and internal meetings.
• Assist when needed in Banqueting or restaurant
…This list isn’t exhaustive!
• Internship convention signed by your school
• You must have a valid working permit or visa to complete your internship in Belgium (we do not provide it)
• English and French are a must, Dutch is an absolute plus!
• Friendly, outgoing, can-do personality
• Possesses excellent telephone sales skills and strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
• Can handle customer requests
• Has a strong customer development and relationship management skills
• Has problem-solving skills
• Strong organization skills
• Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems like Opera Sales & Catering
As benefits, you will have:
- Meals at the staff restaurant for every working day
- Discounts to the Fitness Swimming Pool Club of the Hotel
- Possibility to do cross trainings in several departments
- Free laundry dry-cleaning each week
- Voucher for 1 night with breakfast and dinner included for 2 in the Hotel
- Internship monetary compensation on a monthly basis.