Offers hands-on experience in the exciting world of hotel operations and hospitality, necessary to prepare for and develop a career path within Marriott International’s portfolio of brands.
During the time of your internship, you will have the opportunity to acquire responsibilities and to develop your organizational and communication skills by:
• Assisting the Events Booking Center team in daily tasks.
• Actively up-sell each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity.
• Being responsible for driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Gaining understanding of each property within the region, and their primary target customer and service expectations; serving the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solutions both prior to, and during the program/event.
…This list isn’t exhaustive!
• Internship convention signed by your school
• You must have a valid working permit or visa to complete your internship in Belgium (we do not provide it)
• English and French are a must, Dutch is an absolute plus!
• Friendly, outgoing, can-do personality
• Possesses excellent telephone sales skills and strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
• Can handle customer requests
• Has problem-solving skills
• Strong organization skills
• Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems like Opera Sales & Catering
As benefits, you will have:
- Meals at the staff restaurant for every working day
- Discounts to the Fitness Swimming Pool Club of the Hotel
- Possibility to do cross trainings in several departments
- Free laundry dry-cleaning each week
- Voucher for 1 night with breakfast and dinner included for 2 in the Hotel
- Internship monetary compensation on a monthly basis.