The trainee is responsible for carrying out all tasks delegated by the Chef, Sous-Chef, Premier Chef de Partie.
1. Preparations :
Helps to prepare all food elements:
• Clean, wash, peal, cut, chop and cook vegetables (fruits)
• Prepare garnishes, cold sauces, soups, starters, desserts, salads, etc.
• Roast (simple method) and cut
2. During the service :
Assists the Chef/Sous-Chef/Premier Chef de Partie in all preparations and follows instructions.
3. After the service :
• Clear working environment
• Ensure that all food items are conserved and hygiene procedures are followed
• Clean the working area and kitchen utensils
• Ensure the neatness and cleanliness of the kitchen
• Respect security norms during work
• Order/Receive and control merchandise according to instructions received.
…This list isn’t exhaustive!
• Internship convention signed by your school
• You must have a valid working permit or visa to complete your internship in Belgium (we do not provide it)
• Good knowledge of French
• Friendly, positive, can-do personality
As benefits, you will have:
• Meals at the staff restaurant for every working day
• Discounts to the Fitness Swimming Pool Club of the Hotel
• Possibility to do cross trainings in several departments
• Free laundry dry-cleaning each week
• Voucher for 1 night with breakfast and dinner included for 2 in the Hotel
• Internship monetary compensation on a monthly basis.