The incumbent in the position is responsible for assisting the Front Office Manager in leading and managing all sections of the Front Office Department in order to ensure the highest standards of service in accordance with the operating procedures and Rove Standards. He is also responsible for up selling rooms to maximize the room revenue. He/she is scheduled to work on a different shift than the Front Office Manager, his job responsibilities are the extension of the Front Office Manager responsibilities to ensure continuity and maintenance of standards.
- Ensures smooth and efficient operation of the department up to Rove Standards at any time.
- Directs Front Office operations such as checking in, checking out and providing guest assistance whilst ensuring compliance with all front office policies, procedures, standards and satisfaction of guests’ expectations.
- Participates in the development, implementation and review of the policies, procedures, practices and standards.
- Selects, trains, develops, schedules and manages the performance of direct subordinates to ensure the efficient running of front office operations. Participates to the evaluation of staff performance once a year. Motivates staff to bring about excellent performance
- Maximizes hotel revenue by controlling room inventory, group blocking, packages, reinforcing the late charge policy to maximize REVPAR.
- Maintains high visibility during peak period in order to ensure smooth running of operations, is proactive in maintaining excellent relations with guests and colleagues, takes corrective action and handles customer complaints to ensure their satisfaction.
- Greets VIP guests upon their arrival and escorts them to their room. Establishes good rapport and offers assistance for the duration of their stay.
- Coordinates Front Office duties with various departments such as Executive Office, Housekeeping, Sales and Marketing, Engineering and Security to ensure that all guests are given friendly and caring service from their arrival until their departure according to Rove Standards in a safe and secure environment.
- Identifies training needs, plans training activities and oversees their implementation for all front office sections. Follows up to ensure compliance and effectiveness of training activities.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget and manning guide and manages within budgetary guidelines.
- Keeps abreast of all emergency procedures, hotel promotions, product knowledge, VIP arrivals, upcoming events and brief direct subordinates accordingly so that all front office staff are able to answer guest requests and questions.
- Accomplishes a set of administrative duties such as leading and attending meetings, writing reports and memos and other specific duties related to the job function.
- Accomplishes a set of administrative duties such as leading and attending meetings in the absence of the Front Office Manager, writing reports and memos and other specific duties related to the job function.
- Hospitality Management Bachelor Degree or equivalent in any related field such as Administration or Tourism Management Typical Experience
- 3 years’ experience in a front office management position, preferably in a mid-scale hotel in Dubai
- Fluent in Russian and/or Arabic language.https://www.hozpitality.com/jobs/8679113/asst-front-office-manager-female.asp