Offers hands-on experience in the exciting world of hotel operations and hospitality, necessary to prepare for and develop a career path within Marriott International’s portfolio of brands.
During the time of your internship, you will have the opportunity to acquire responsibilities and to develop your organizational and communication skills by:
• Assist in opening the Housekeeping department in the morning and prepare work allocations for the room attendants.
• Ensure that the room attendants have adequate linens and guest supplies on their trolleys.
• Ensure that the room attendants have adequate cleaning products, supplies and that the vacuum cleaners are in good working conditions.
• Inform the relevant room attendants of any VIP rooms prior to guest arrival.
• Ensure correct and punctual provision of morning and afternoon reports to the Front Desk.
• Ensure prompt reporting and following up of repairs and maintenance work in all guest room and corridors.
• Ensure prompt reporting of lost and found articles to the Housekeeping Office.
• Ensure regular communication with the executive housekeeper throughout the day, in order that all special requests are carried out and that all clean rooms are given back to reception as soon as possible.
• Enforce housekeeping rules and regulations and encourage room attendants to be courteous and helpful to guests.
• Follow security procedures with regards to keys, locking of linen rooms and storage rooms.
• Follow special instructions as given by the Executive Housekeeper.
…This list isn’t exhaustive!
• Internship convention signed by your school
• You must have a valid working permit or visa to complete your internship in Belgium (we do not provide it)
• English and French are a must, Dutch is an absolute plus!
• Friendly, outgoing, can-do personality
• Can handle customer requests
• Has problem-solving skills
• Strong organization skills
• Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems like Opera Sales & Catering
As benefits, you will have:
- Meals at the staff restaurant for every working day
- Free laundry dry-cleaning each week
- Internship monetary compensation on a monthly basis.
If you are passionate about the hospitality industry and want to work in an environment where you will be recognized, respected and empowered, you found the right place!
Become part of our team and be ready for a memorable internship with us!
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.