Guesthouse Management Training Position
We’re an eco-conscious group of guesthouses nestled in a 26-acre organic permaculture tropical fruit farm. We focus on the comfort and wellness of both people and the earth. We have a full team consisting of 12 locals, 2 dogs, some chickens, and a pair of pigs; each of them adding their own strengths to our mission! We are located on the beautiful, volcanic island of Ometepe.
- Commitment is September – April; full-time, but less than 40 hours/week.
- Conversational level Spanish is required, as you will be learning to manage local staff & coordinating with other local businesses.
- Guest Services – including: check-ins; organizing transportation services and tours for guests, and messaging reservation information;
- Team Management – including: setting daily tasks for housekeepers and other staff;
- Business Management – include: managing multiple booking sites and calendars; recording daily purchases, incomes, and salaries.
Perks & Benefits:
- Private accommodation. breakfast with local coffee, with a food stipend for your other meals and kitchen access to cook, and language practice.
- In your off time, explore all the amazing offerings of Ometepe island.
- Hiking volcanoes, exploring waterfalls, horseback riding, kayaking, and relaxing island style. There are many great restaurants nearby, chocolate tours, and opportunities to join in courses put on by our parent permaculture farm.