ADMINISTRATIVE INTERNSHIP – CATERING & CONFERENCE ASSISTANT (EVENTS)
“I have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow” – it is one of the 12 Service Values of Ritz-Carlton. This means that as part of the Hotel Arts family, you are given the tools and chance to grow on both a professional and personal level. Continuous empowerment and training are given in each department of the administration internship in order for the trainee/student to develop into the position.
You will be directly assisting a Conference Manager, in the Conference & Catering Offices. Some of your tasks and duties will be the following:
- Work closely with Meeting Planners and Hotel staff in providing proper information about the event.
- Assist the Conference Manager on ensuring accurate tracking of quarterly booking goals on a weekly basis.
- Work with ADOCCS to ensure that booking guidelines are followed and that all catering leaders are maximizing space and revenue through daily Line-up and review of all tentative business.
- Attend regularly on the daily menu reading to ensure the operational alignment of all attending departments for the next day’s events.
- Assist coordinate action steps to fill the voids through direct mail, promotions, telephone blitzes, special packages, etc.
- Ensure clients are 100% satisfied through the embodiment of gold standards, adherence to “how work gets done” flow, and execution of hotel and catering basics.
- Have a thorough understanding of Quality goals (e.g., Catering Shops, Meeting Planner Survey, Employee Sat) and ensure you are always aware of the Catering & Conference Team present state and goals.
- Extend lateral service to the Conference Services team when needed. Have a thorough understanding of Conference Services processes.
- Become familiar with sales files, assist in reviewing contracts and acting as a liaison between meeting planner and the hotel.
- Follow up on changes, deletions, additions, and special requests when Conference Manager requests.
- Promote and follow The Ritz-Carlton Credo, Three Steps of Service and Basics.
- Oversee all assigned group functions when they are in-house.
- Keep your Conference Manager informed of any complaint or problem. Resolve function space concerns well in advance of group arrival.
WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO HAVE YOU IN OUR RITZ-CARLTON AND HOTEL ARTS FAMILY!!