CONFERENCE CONCIERGE INTERN (EVENTS)
“I have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow” – it is one of the 12 Service Values of Ritz-Carlton. This means that as part of the Hotel Arts family, you are given the tools and chance to grow on both a professional and personal level. Continuous empowerment and training are given in each department of the administration internship in order for the trainee/student to develop into the position.
This position acts as the liaison between the Catering/Conference Services Department and the meeting planner and conference guests to ensure that their needs have been met or exceeded at all times. To consistently represent The Ritz-Carlton “can do” attitude. To ensure that all functions and meetings consistently represent the highest level of quality. To ensure that all areas represented by the Catering/Conference Services Department are immaculate, correct in detail and of the highest quality.
Some of your tasks and duties will be the following:
- Enhance the quality of the Conference Concierge position by constantly updating and revising existing policies.
- Ensure that the standards of excellence for meetings, banquets and all other catered affairs in private function rooms are followed.
- Play an active role on the floor using his/her own judgment with regard to guest requests to ensure complete satisfaction.
- Attend all pre-conference meetings from start to finish of all phases.
- Attend the daily catering meeting and checks on the accuracy of function space for the day.
- Constantly check on the cleanliness and condition of all banquet rooms and public space.
SPECIFIC WEEKLY AND DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Introduces him/herself to the meeting planner during the site inspection day and also at the pre-conference meeting on the first day of the conference.
- Assists the meeting planners on-site with the following :
- Revises the daily agenda of the group.
- Checks all meeting rooms : (BEO)
- Set-up, F&B, Audiovisuals, cleanliness, room temperature and other additional specifications.
- Verify with the Communications Department all telephone line extensions in order to make sure when they must be open and close and to whom they should be charged.
- Coordination of last-minute requests or changes.
- Set-ups and rehearsals.
- Telephone messages.
- Registration Desk reliefs.
- Makes sure that all communication given by the meeting planner is accurately transmitted to all departments within the Hotel.
- Communicates everyone in the Hotel every opportunity and important changes in the daily group events, through the “Conference Concierge Report”.
- Special Touches – offering extra attention to detail and assistance.
Example: a cup of coffee if they arrive early in the meeting room, soft drinks, etc.
- Always upsells all hotel services and anticipates guest needs whenever is possible.
- Coordinates with the meeting planner and the courier the shipment process and also with the Spanish Customs its dispatch. It also takes care of any payment of shipping custom taxes that may occur in the absence of the meeting planner.(Paid out).
- When boxes arrive at the Hotel, takes care of identifying them, keeping them safe and delivering them correctly to the group at the beginning of the conference.
- It also takes charge of shipping back all boxes by filling all proper paperwork, packing the boxes if necessary and supervising its departure with the courier from the loading dock.
We would be delighted to have you in our Ritz-Carlton and Hotel Arts Family!!