Do you want to join one of the most prestigious luxury hotel chains in the world? Do you want to learn and grow in a hotel where you can make a difference? Do you want to develop your skills in an international environment with real career opportunities?
Overlooking the Mediterranean, Hotel Arts Barcelona embodies the rich history and spirit of Spain’s foremost Catalan city. This award-winning hotel, located in one of Europe’s artistic capitals, lies within easy reach of the city center. Combining a distinctive style with unparalleled personal service, Hotel Arts Barcelona welcomes guests with warm hospitality and supreme elegance. In Hotel Arts Barcelona we are looking for the best talents in hospitality, to keep creating unique experiences and memories for life! Challenge yourself and join the Hotel Arts Family!
SALES & MARKETING
As a Sales and Marketing intern you will be assisting directly the manager of Sales and Marketing that is responsible for the market in the United States of America, Europe or another area in the world.
“I have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow” – it is one of the 12 Service Values of Ritz-Carlton. This means that as part of the Hotel Arts family, you are given the tools and chance to grow on both a professional and personal level. Continuous empowerment and training are given in order for the trainee/student to develop in the position.
Essential Job Functions together with the Sales & Marketing Manager:
- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel services/features and hours of operation.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain complete knowledge of computers according to specifications.
- Set up a workstation with necessary supplies and resource materials; maintain cleanliness throughout shift.
- Handle inquiry calls according to departmental procedure.
- Handle guest complaints by following instant pacification procedures ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Promote positive relations with guests and employees.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge in reference to The Ritz-Carlton product.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of the competition’s product.
- Maintain good relationships with counterparts at competing hotels; Promote all Ritz-Carlton Hotels whenever possible.
- Design and work within the market plan; Maintain file database.
- Meet solicitation and maintenance call requirements; make outside sales calls, handle all incoming inquiries.
- Answer incoming phone calls in a pleasant manner, within two rings, using correct salutations and Ritz-Carlton telephone etiquette.
- Anticipate and respond to all customer needs in a timely manner, acknowledge all customers, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Follow-up with in-house guests to ensure on-going service to the guest.
- Plan and prepare appointments for sales trips, follow-up in a timely manner.
- Attend departmental and hotel meetings as required.
- Entertain customers in all outlets as necessary.
- Successfully complete the training/certification process for the position.
- Process paperwork to clients, other departments, etc., in a timely manner. Complete all assigned paperwork in a timely manner.
- Follow-up with the group after department with Meeting Planning Survey.
- Build and maintain positive relations with the International Sales Offices.
LEADERSHIP & STRATEGIC FOCUS
Activities focused on providing students with an overview of all the necessary leadership skills you need to successfully run a hotel.
- General Manager Presentation
- Participation in Leadership Meetings
- Monthly meetings for trainees to learn about the hotel areas presented by Divisional Leaders
GUEST & OPERATIONAL FOCUS
- Activities focused on giving the necessary tools to achieve excellent service.
- Weekly participation in Banquet and Catering Services
- Development Training by using The Ritz-Carlton Leadership Center programs: Problem Resolution, Anticipation of guest needs and Attention to the Customer
TRAINEE & DEVELOPMENT FOCUS
- Activities focused in your personal and professional development. To be able to keep track of your performance and make your talents shine through.
- 3 Orientation days
- Language Courses
- Ritz-Carlton performance evaluation with Departmental Leader
- Trainees Recognition cocktail
- Best Trainees Award
- Certificate and Diploma
- Acknowledgment of Wow Stories
In order to maximize your experience during your internship, we have created a special and unique Development Plan. This is a training program that gives you the chance to break from your daily responsibilities and learn the intricacies of the hotel industry.
We encourage you to take this as a fantastic opportunity to get involved and establish relationships within our team. By participating in managerial meetings, development training and awarding gatherings, you will acquire a complete vision of the Hotel at an organizational and strategic level. Through these and other informative sessions, we are constantly contributing to your development and trust you will become confident and successful in your career.
- Minimum of six months internship
- Preferably previous operational experience in a luxury hotel
- Intermediate level of Spanish
- Advanced level of English
WE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO HAVE YOU IN OUR RITZ-CARLTON AND HOTEL ARTS FAMILY!!