Do you want to join one of the most prestigious luxury hotel chains in the world?
Do you want to learn and grow in a hotel where you can make a difference?
Do you want to develop your skills in an international environment with real career opportunities?
Overlooking the Mediterranean, Hotel Arts Barcelona embodies the rich history and spirit of Spain’s foremost Catalan city. This award-winning hotel, located in one of Europe’s artistic capitals, lies within easy reach of the city center. Combining a distinctive style with unparalleled personal service, Hotel Arts Barcelona welcomes guests with warm hospitality and supreme elegance. In Hotel Arts Barcelona we are looking for the best talents in hospitality, to keep creating unique experiences and memories for life! Challenge yourself and join the Hotel Arts Family!
As a SPA intern, you will be anticipating the guest’s needs and unexpressed wishes. They will remember the SPA of Hotel Arts Barcelona as a place where they return to for complete relaxation. You will learn about different treatments while working in a fantastic team. “I have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow” – it is one of the 12 Service Values of Ritz-Carlton. This means that as part of the Hotel Arts family, you are given the tools and chance to grow on both a professional and personal level. Continuous empowerment and training are given in order for the intern to develop in the position.
- Welcome each and every guest and use their names when possible “Read the guests”: Personalized the service
- Anticipate their needs knowing their preferences, notes, previous stays
- Highlight and offer extra care to VIPs
- Identify every issue with guests (opportunity to improve) and help them
- Take the initiative and resolve any issue that the employee notices or realizes
- Alert the department about the issue
- Take calls from internal or external guests
- Develop time-management skills in order to plan and organize all services in the Spa
- Crucial to have Sales Skills, as Front Desk agent you encourage guests to buy products or services
- Take care of payments and make sure that there are no mistakes in the type of service provided
- Do follow-up of VIP guests and make sure that they are satisfied with the service provided
- Take care of the image of the SPA front desk
- Make sure that when closing the Spa everything is ready for the next day
- Ensure that payments conducted by you are in balance by the end of the shift.
- Depending on your performance you will be given more and more responsibilities!!
Leadership & Strategic Focus
- Activities focused on providing students with an overview of all the necessary leadership skills you need to successfully run a hotel.
- General Manager Presentation
- Participation in Leadership Meetings
- Monthly meetings for trainees to learn about the hotel areas presented by Divisional Leaders.
Guest & Operational Focus
- Activities focused in giving the necessary tools to achieve excellent service.
- Weekly participation in Banquet and Catering Services
- Development Training by using The Ritz-Carlton Leadership Center programs: Problem Resolution, Anticipation of guest needs and Attention to the Customer
Trainee & Development Focus
- Activities focused in your personal and professional development. To be able to keep track of your performance and make your talents shine through.
- 3 Orientation days
- Language Courses
- Trainees Recognition cocktail
- Best Trainees Award
- Certificate and Diploma
- Acknowledgment of Wow Stories
- Ritz-Carlton performance evaluation with Departmental Leader
In order to maximize your experience during your internship, we have created a special and unique Development Plan. This is a training program that gives you the chance to break from your daily responsibilities and learn the intricacies of the hotel industry.
We encourage you to take this as a fantastic opportunity to get involved and establish relationships within our team. By participating in managerial meetings, development training and awarding gatherings, you will acquire a complete vision of the Hotel at an organizational and strategic level. Through these and other informative sessions, we are constantly contributing to your development and trust you will become confident and successful in your career.
- Minimum of three months of internship
- Preferably previous operational experience in a luxury hotel
- Intermediate level of Spanish
- Advanced level of English