Our collaborator is a well-known design hotel chain in the whole Spain. The hotel has a perfect location in the center of each city and its resorts are located next to the sea. All the rooms are luxurious and fully equipped. The hotel chain is now looking for interns for different positions like reception, marketing/communications, business administration, reservations, bar, culinary, and rooms division. During this internship, you will learn a lot of new skills about the organization, responsibility, and the general hospitality sector. The working environment is international, so you will be able to improve your language skills.
I) Reception and Customer relationship management:
• Develop customer service policies and procedures
• Handle face-to-face inquiries from customers
• Checking guests in and out
• Basic concierge assistance
• Planning and organizing group arrivals
• Day to day processing and input of group reservations while following hotel reservations policy
• Maintaining a positive selling approach to maximize yield in both occupancy and rates
• Liaising with other departments to prepare for group arrivals
• Assisting the Front office with closing accounts
• Answering all of the calls promptly in a courteous and efficient manner
II) Bar and Restaurant Assistant:
• Preparation of place – setting tables, stocking service areas, etc.
• Pro-actively assisting guests with their drink and dinner choices during lunch and dinner, taking in account dietary needs and communicating these properly to the kitchen
• Taking orders in a timely manner
• Preparation of drinks such as coffees and cocktails etc.
• Tidying and cleaning restaurant and service areas during and at the end of the shift
• Marketing assistant for social media maintenance and all the communications tools of the hotel
• Answering hotel information, assistance in closing contracts, tour operators and basic administrative tasks
IV) Animation and entertainment (resorts):
• Communicating with guests
• Being part of the international entertainment team
• Games Dancing Shows
• Sports activities (football, volleyball, etc.)
• Cultural activities (City tours)
• Recreational activities (Dances, Crafts)
V) Culinary Internship:
• General assistance to all the tasks requested and directed by the chef.
• Cut of vegetables, fruits, meats, fish, seafood and others.
• Collaboration in the preparation of dishes.
• Elaboration of sauces.
• Learning recipes.
• Assistance in the organization and cleaning of the kitchen, restaurant area, and plates (Office)
• Show cooking for guests at breakfast and dinner (if qualified)
• To help in all areas of the kitchen: Hot, cold, dessert, etc.
• Spanish would be an advantage
• TRAINING AGREEMENT provided in an application signed by your educational Institution.
Duration: minimum of 2 months
• Free accommodation and meals.
• 300-450€ euros per month
• TRAINING AGREEMENT (provided in the application) signed by your educational institution.
Start date: June/July (flexible start)