BA in INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES IN THE TOURISM INDUSTRY
with knowledge of Two Languages + In-company Internship
For the first time, Spain ranks as the world’s most tourism-friendly country in the World Economic Forum’s Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index. Spain receives approximately 60.6 million annual international tourists arrivals. Spain is rich in natural and cultural resources and entertainment. It scores high in infrastructure, travel, tourism policy and conditions, and business travel. During the last few years, The World’s 50 Best restaurants listings are led by the Spanish restaurant El Celler de Can Roca and The World’s Best Pastry Chef Awards are also led by Spanish chefs.
All these facts position Spain as the best place in the world to do tourism studies at any level.
HTL International School Bachelor degree in Information Technologies in the Tourism Industry is a 3 years program.
The main purposes and objectives are:
- To provide a basic knowledge of the tourism business and show the connections between hotel and travel management
- To Acquire a general understanding of the specialization subjects, like e-commerce, e-marketing, events management technologies and distribution channels
- To improve verbal and written communication skills
- To learn a second language and start to use it in a professional environment
This is a 100% on Campus program.
All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited DELE & SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
Final Exams (6 ECTS Credits)
To enrol in the Bachelor Degree, it is necessary:
1. to fulfill the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
– passport copy
– last studies transcript
– English level certificate, if anyIf you don’t have any proof of your English level, we’ll send you the English level test to be completed online before the online application is done.
On successfully completing this High Graduate Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the initial professional degree
– Associate Degree (60 credits)
– Bachelor Degree (180 credits)
– Master Degree (240 credits)
– DELE or SIELE Global Diploma (Spanish Language for Foreigners official state diploma) or
– French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. The degree qualifies graduates to take over specialist and managerial positions in the tourism, travel industry, hospitality as well as to pursue a Master’s degree course.
3. Have attained a high level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Bachelor Degree or Grado Universitario according to the Spanish National framework.
Graduates can expect to find a job position in:
- Hotels and resorts
- Travel agencies
- Training and consultancy companies
- Tourism and hotel consultancies
- International, state, regional and local tourism organizations
- Institutional hospitality management
- Conferences and conventions centers
- Private event companies
- Eco, adventure tourism organizations
- Business tourism consultancy
- Mass media agencies
- Entertainment companies
- Online booking agencies
- Advertising consultancies, etc.
The HTL International School Bachelor in Information Technologies in Tourism prepares you for a successful career in the national and international tourism industry.
The program will help you to develop your managerial capabilities and business sense. The good command of at least two languages will provide you a privileged position in the employment market. You’ll have a general overview of the key areas of the new information technologies in tourism: digital marketing, e-commerce, verbal and written communication skills, and advanced information technologies in meeting and events.
The program blends the on campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
- Degree Thesis
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
BACHELOR DEGREE STUDY PLAN
60 ECTS credits
Module I: Professional English in the Tourism Industry
Module II: Spanish I/French/Russian
Module III: Introduction to the Business of Tourism
Module IV: Geography of Tourism
Module V: History of Tourism
Module VI: Final Project
Module VII: Internship (optional)
60 ECTS credits
Module I: Hospitality and Tourism Industry
Module II: Management in the Hospitality Industry
Module III: Customer Service
Module IV: Communication Skills
Module V: Spanish II/French/Russian
Module VI: Professional Spanish in the Tourism field
Module VII: Final Project
Module VIII: Internship
60 ECTS credits
Module I: Information Technologies in Tourism
Module II: E-commerce Strategies in the Tourism sector
Module III: Meeting and Events information technologies
Module IV: Internet Marketing for the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
Module V: E-consumers in Tourism
Module VI: Electronic Distribution in Tourism
Module VII: Web analytics in tourism: Big Data in the hotel industry
Module VIII: Spanish III/French/Russian
12 ECTS Credits
Module VI: Internship
6 ECTS Credits
Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
French/Russian language exam
Please click for alternative Online Enrolment form if this one doesn’t work properly