BA in INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES IN THE TOURISM INDUSTRY
On campus or Online + In-company Internship
On Campus version:
For the first time, Spain ranks as the world’s most tourism-friendly country in the World Economic Forum’s Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index. Spain receives approximately 60.6 million annual international tourists arrivals. Spain is rich in natural and cultural resources and entertainment. It scores high in infrastructure, travel, tourism policy and conditions, and business travel. During the last few years, The World’s 50 Best restaurants listings are led by the Spanish restaurant El Celler de Can Roca and The World’s Best Pastry Chef Awards are also led by Spanish chefs.
All these facts position Spain as the best place in the world to do tourism studies at any level.
HTL International School Bachelor degree in Information Technologies in the Tourism Industry is a 3 years program.
The main purposes and objectives are:
- To provide a basic knowledge of the tourism business and show the connections between hotel and travel management
- To Acquire a general understanding of the specialization subjects, like e-commerce, e-marketing, events management technologies and distribution channels
- To improve verbal and written communication skills
- To learn a second language and start to use it in a professional environment
All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have the Access to the specialized online platform for a period of one academic year with all necessary study materials for all compulsory modules according the study plan.
- All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have 6 months per academic year to prepare all required for the graduation tests. The Project presentation can be done online or personally at school.
- You will have the possibility to do internship worldwide as HTL student. The school will sign all necessary internship agreements. The internship can run all year round simultaneously with your theoretical online studies. Once the internship is finished, it will be necessary to present the evaluation certificate to count it as a compulsory credit inside your transcript of studies.
To enrol in the Bachelor Degree, it is necessary:
1. to fulfill the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
– passport copy
– last studies transcript
– English level certificate, if any. If you don’t have any proof of your English level, you can pass our online English placement test. The direct link is on Admissions page.
On successfully completing this High Graduate Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the initial professional degree
– Associate Degree (60 credits)
– Bachelor Degree (180 credits)
– Master Degree (240 credits)
– DELE or SIELE Global Diploma (Spanish Language for Foreigners official state diploma) or
– French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. The degree qualifies graduates to take over specialist and managerial positions in the tourism, travel industry, hospitality as well as to pursue a Master’s degree course.
3. Have attained a high level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Bachelor Degree or Grado Propio according to the Spanish National framework.
Graduates can expect to find a job position in:
- Hotels and resorts
- Travel agencies
- Training and consultancy companies
- Tourism and hotel consultancies
- International, state, regional and local tourism organizations
- Institutional hospitality management
- Conferences and conventions centers
- Private event companies
- Eco, adventure tourism organizations
- Business tourism consultancy
- Mass media agencies
- Entertainment companies
- Online booking agencies
- Advertising consultancies, etc.
The HTL International School Bachelor in Information Technologies in Tourism prepares you for a successful career in the national and international tourism industry.
The program will help you to develop your managerial capabilities and business sense. The good command of at least two languages will provide you a privileged position in the employment market. You’ll have a general overview of the key areas of the new information technologies in tourism: digital marketing, e-commerce, verbal and written communication skills, and advanced information technologies in meeting and events.
The program blends the on campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
After the theoretical part of the courses is finished, all students are invited to do an internship. We recommend to join our internship for a minimum of 3 months. HTL International School has signed a huge variety of educational agreements with different hotel chains, companies and travel operators nationally, mainland and islands. According to Spanish law, it is possible to do a part time (20 h/week) or full time (40 h/week) internship during the study period or after the theoretical part is finished. Normally, the companies provide some grant, its quantity depends on the company policy regarding the interns. Some of the internship positions are published directly on our Internships&Jobs Portal. In case you have a company interested in you as an intern in Spain or abroad, please contact us to sign the internship agreement with your company.
- Continuous Evaluation
- Final Project
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
BACHELOR DEGREE STUDY PLAN
60 ECTS credits
Module I: Professional English in the Tourism Industry
Module II: Spanish I/French/Russian
Module III: Introduction to the Business of Tourism
Module IV: Geography of Tourism
Module V: History of Tourism
Module VI: Final Project
Module VII: Internship (optional)
60 ECTS credits
Module I: Hospitality and Tourism Industry
Module II: Management in the Hospitality Industry
Module III: Customer Service
Module IV: Communication Skills
Module V: Spanish II/French/Russian
Module VI: Professional Spanish in the Tourism field
Module VII: Final Project
Module VIII: Internship
60 ECTS credits
Module I: Human Resources Management in Tourism
Module II: Public Relations and Marketing in Tourism
Module III: Accounting in Tourism
Module IV: Information Technologies in Tourism
Module V: E-commerce Strategies in the Tourism sector
Module VI: Meeting and Events information technologies
Module VII: Internet Marketing for the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
Module VIII: E-consumers in Tourism
Module IX: Web analytics in tourism: Big Data in the hotel industry
Module X: Spanish III/French/Russian
Module XI: Internship
Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
French/Russian language exam