Crisis Management in Tourism Diploma
On-Campus or Online + In-company Internship
The current situation leaves us in a definite position – facing a crisis. Tourism businesses will be the first to suffer from the results of any global disasters. When we speak about the crisis on a world scale we have no possibility to avoid it. But we can (and we must) recover from the crisis in tourism and learn from our own mistakes.
This 6-month intensive training program is designed to create professionals in crisis management in tourism. You will learn how to survive the global or local crisis, how to recover, and to learn from it. You will also get to know how how to analyze and prevent crises in tourism.
The main teaching language is English. This program will provide you with theoretical, linguistic, and practical skills.
The study plan includes intensive foreign language study modules. Spanish is obligatory for non-Spanish speakers. If Spanish is your native language or you have a C1 level, you can choose to study French or Russian instead. After completion of the Language module, you have the possibility to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE, (or correspondent French or Russian state exams) of A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 levels. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes
The specialization modules, which go separately from the Language module, are focused on providing the special, based on real-life experience knowledge. That gives students the possibility to start working in the chosen sphere right after finishing the degree, without the necessity of getting special training additionally. The module marks will be given based on continuous evaluation and the Final business project presentation.
After the theoretical modules are completed or simultaneously with it, all students have to complete an internship period in one of the companies in the sector in Spain or abroad.
Depending on the situation, and to provide each student a possibility to do the internship during the whole course, all classes might be done in a face-to-face manner or using the virtual classroom (streaming). This gives both students and to teachers extra mobility, providing the opportunity to be in class no matter what happens in the world.
Students can move between campuses or change the modality of studies from on-campus to online after finishing one module and before starting the next one.
- You will have the Access to the specialized online platform with all necessary study materials for all compulsory modules according to the study plan
- All students have to do a foreign language preparation module: Spanish, French or Russian. It is also recommendable to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have 3 months for each module to prepare all required for the graduation tests and projects. All the exams and presentations are done online with no necessity of being presential on one of the campuses.
- You will have the possibility to do an internship worldwide as an HTL student. The school will sign all necessary internship agreements. The internship can run simultaneously with your theoretical online studies. Once the internship is finished, it will be necessary to present the evaluation certificate to count it as a compulsory credit inside your transcript of studies.
- You can change the study modality between Online and On-campus trimestrally.
To enroll in the Diploma Program, it is necessary:
1. to fulfill the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
– passport copy
– last studies transcript
– English level certificate, if any.
On successfully completing this High Graduate Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the HTL Hospitality, Tourism & Languages School Diploma on Crisis Management in Tourism + Official Spanish Language DELE or SIELE Global certificate
2. Have attained an accredited qualification for supervisory levels showing you possess competence in professional work activities.
3. Have attained a professional qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Diploma Course.
- Crisis Manager in state-run companies
- Crisis Manager in private tourism companies
- Manager in the Human Resource department
- Manager in Financial department
- Manager in the Marketing department
- Crisis Manager in the Administrative department
- Private tourism company owner
- General manager of small tourism-oriented business
By the end of this course, you will be able to understand the crisis environment, predict and prevent the crisis in tourism-related business, manage and help your tour company to survive the unpreventable global crisis, recover from the world crisis, and learn from it. The program consists of 3 Modules, practical and theoretical. The program blends the on-campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
After the theoretical part of the courses is finished, all students are invited to do an internship. We recommend joining our internship for a minimum of 3 months. HTL International School has signed a huge variety of educational agreements with different hotel chains, companies, and travel operators nationally, mainland, and on islands. According to Spanish law, it is possible to do a part-time (20 h/week) or full-time (40 h/week) internship during the study period or after the theoretical part is finished. Normally, the companies provide some grants, its quantity depends on the company policy regarding the interns. Some of the internship positions are published directly on our Internships&Jobs Portal. In case you have a company interested in you as an intern in Spain or abroad, please contact us to sign the internship agreement with your company.
- Final Project
- Continuous Evaluation
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
Diploma in CRISIS MANAGEMENT IN TOURISM
STUDY PLAN: 48 ECTS
Module I. Spanish/Russian/French Language
– Official SIELE exam of Spanish for Foreigners preparation module
– General French or Russian Language according to the initial entry level
Module II: Crisis Management in Tourism
- Introduction: the crisis management cycle
- Risk assessment in tourism
- Prevention of crisis in the tourism business
- Preparedness for the global and local crisis in the tourism industry
- Response to the crisis in tourism
- Recovery from the crisis in touristic businesses
- Learning from previous mistakes in crisis management
- Conclusions: Global cases of best and worst crisis management in tourism
Module III: Internship (mínimum 240 h)
*One academic hour: 45 minutes