Master in Digital Marketing
on Campus or Online + In-company Internship
This 1 academic year intensive professional training program is designed to produce professionals in the field of Digital Marketing. This program is likely to be a particular benefit to students studying courses in hospitality, tourism, advertising, business, mass-media, marketing, communication, public relations and related subjects where an appreciation of e-commerce, e-marketing, e-advertising, social media is required. Digital marketing is a professional field of practice that requires strong verbal and written communication skills, accuracy and attention to detail, excellent teamwork skills and at the same time ability to work independently, capacity to carry multiple projects simultaneously, creative skills to provide innovative ideas, ability to work under pressure and respect deadlines, good knowledge of networking and analytical skills.
The main teaching language is English. The study plan includes an intensive foreign language study module to choose from Spanish for foreigners, French or Russian. After the theoretic modules are completed or simultaneously with it, all students have the option to complete an internship period in local or located abroad companies.
This training has been specially devised to teach you all the information and skills you need to become a successful digital marketing manager. Instruction is in the form of lectures, learning objectives, case studies and questions of consideration, key ideas, activities, and individual assignments. The examination is in the form of written exams and individual and group assignments and workshop exercises. Discussed at classroom case studies cover different professional areas, from Tourism Industry to Retail sector, this will help to choose the specialization sphere to work in.
All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have the Access to the specialized online platform for a period of one academic year with all necessary study materials for all compulsory modules according to the study plan.
- All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have 6 months per academic year to prepare all required for the graduation tests. The Project presentation can be done online or personally at school.
- You will have the possibility to do internship worldwide as HTL student. The school will sign all necessary internship agreements. The internship can run all year round simultaneously with your theoretical online studies. Once the internship is finished, it will be necessary to present the evaluation certificate to count it as a compulsory credit inside your transcript of studies.
To enroll in the Master Degree, it is necessary:
1. to fill the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
– passport copy
– last studies transcript
– English level certificate, if any. If you don’t have any proof of your English level, you have to fill the online placement test to be completed online before the online application is done. The direct link is on the Admissions page.
On successfully completing this Professional Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the
– Master Degree in Digital Marketing
– DELE Diploma or SIELE Global (Spanish Language for Foreigners official diplomas) or
– French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. Have attained an accredited qualification for managerial and supervisory levels showing you possess competence in professional work activities.
3. Have attained a high-level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Master Degree or Master Propio according to the Spanish National framework.
Many large and medium-sized companies have an in-house marketing and communications department, which offers digital marketing services in addition to traditional marketing support. Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) may outsource their marketing to agencies or have smaller marketing teams.
Opportunities exist within all sectors including:
- automobile sector
- event management
- computing and software
- fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG)
- financial services
- higher and further education
- home entertainment
- hospitality industry
- online travel agencies
- online booking services
- media and publishing
- online media
- airlines/transportation, etc
- digital marketing assistant
- digital marketing executive
- digital coordinator/manager
- junior digital marketing role
- account executive
- digital account director
This 1 academic year program provides students with the expertise and professionalism required to succeed in the fast-paced and exciting industry of digital marketing (e-marketing).
This area of studies is open to all graduates, however, it may be particularly useful for graduates from hospitality and tourism, advertising, media, and communications, business and technology, creative design, e-business, journalism, marketing spheres.
Digital marketers are involved in developing an organization’s multi-channel communication strategies.
Key areas include:
- social media marketing: developing a distinct online presence by attracting high numbers of internet followers through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
- search engine optimization (SEO): developing strategies to increase the number of visitors to a website by getting high-ranking placements in search results.
- pay per click (PPC) campaigns: sponsored online advertising paid for by the business to appear alongside non-paid search results.
- mobile marketing: includes app-based, in-game, location-based and SMS marketing.
- affiliate marketing: where a business allows other businesses (affiliates) to sell products on their website. The affiliate is paid commission for each customer brought to the website by their own marketing strategies.
Digital marketers may work across several areas or specialize in a few depending on the requirements of the organization.
The program blends the on-campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
After the theoretical part of the courses is finished, all students are invited to do an internship. We recommend joining our internship for a minimum of 3 months. HTL International School has signed a huge variety of educational agreements with different hotel chains, companies, and travel operators nationally, mainland and islands. According to Spanish law, it is possible to do a part-time (20 h/week) or full time (40 h/week) internship during the study period or after the theoretical part is finished. Normally, the companies provide some grant, its quantity depends on the company policy regarding the interns. Some of the internship positions are published directly on our Internships&Jobs Portal. In case you have a company interested in you as an intern in Spain or abroad, please contact us to sign the internship agreement with your company.
- Final Project
- Continuous Evaluation
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
Master in DIGITAL MARKETING
STUDY PLAN: 72 ECTS
Module I: Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Understanding the Internet
- Situating digital in marketing
Module II. Developing strategic marketing plans
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Market Research
- Content Marketing Strategy
Module III. Understanding opportunities and challenges of the web
- User Experience Design
- Web Development and Design
- Writing for Digital
Module IV. Driving traffic and building relationships
- Customer Relationship Management
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Search Advertising
- Online Advertising
- Affiliate Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Social Media Channels
- Social Media Strategy
- Email Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
Module V. Using data to optimize
- Data Analytics
- Conversion Optimisation
Module VI. Foreign Language Intensive Course I (Spanish, French or Russian)
- Official DELE exam of Spanish for Foreigners preparation module
- General French or Russian Language test according to the initial entrance level
Module VII. Spanish/French/Russian Language for the Tourism Sector Module
Module VIII. Final Project
· Project design
· Research tools
· Personal reflection
· Appropriate questionnaire designs
· Conducting academic research, literature search, and review
· Developing a research question, hypothesis and methodology
· Managing a research project
Module IX: Internship
Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
French/Russian language exam