Master in Event Management
on Campus or Online + In-company Internship
This 1 academic year intensive training program is designed to produce professionals in the field of Event Management. This program is likely to be a particular benefit to students studying courses in hospitality, tourism, project management and related subjects where an appreciation of event management, planning, strategy and project organization is required. Those studying Event Management emerge with business and project management skills of the highest order, ready to face any business challenges. Event management is a professional field of practice that requires sophisticated skills in strategic planning and analysis, risk assessment, marketing, budgeting, cash flow planning, event proposal development, and many other topics. The field of Event Management is a business subject with a strong project focus. The skills and knowledge gained in the study of Events Management can be used in a wide range of contexts and can cover such interesting areas as business, sports, and the arts. The tourism impact of events is increasingly attracting the interest of governments seeking to maximize domestic and international tourism revenues. All these are working together to develop Event Management as a professional field and contribute Event Management as one of the most exciting environments to work in.
The main teaching language is English. The study plan includes an intensive foreign language study module to choose from Spanish for foreigners, French or Russian. After the theoretic modules are completed or simultaneously with it, all students have to complete an internship period in one of the companies of the sector in Spain or abroad.
This training has been specially devised to teach you all the information and skills you need to become a successful events manager. Instruction is in the form of lectures, learning objectives, videoconference classes, case studies and questions of consideration, key ideas, activities, and individual assignments. The examination is in the form of written exams and individual and group assignments and workshop exercises.
All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have the Access to the specialized online platform for a period of one academic year with all necessary study materials for all compulsory modules according to the study plan
- All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have 6 months per academic year to prepare all required for the graduation tests. The Project presentation can be done online or personally at school.
- You will have the possibility to do internship worldwide as HTL student. The school will sign all necessary internship agreements. The internship can run all year round simultaneously with your theoretical online studies. Once the internship is finished, it will be necessary to present the evaluation certificate to count it as a compulsory credit inside your transcript of studies.
To enroll in the Master Degree, it is necessary:
1. to fill the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
– passport copy
– last studies transcript
– English level certificate, if any. If you don’t have any proof of your English level, you have to fill the online placement test to be completed online before the online application is done. The direct link is on the Admissions page.
On successfully completing this Professional Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the
– Master Degree in Event Management
– DELE Diploma or SIELE Global (Spanish Language for Foreigners official diplomas) or
– French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. Have attained an accredited qualification for managerial and supervisory levels showing you possess competence in professional work activities.
3. Have attained a high-level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Master Degree or Master Propio according to the Spanish National framework.
Event management is an industry that is on the move. Exponential growth in events such as talent-hunt competitions, music concerts, fashion shows, academic functions, exhibitions, trade fairs, marathons, sports competitions, the arts sphere, religious gatherings and the like have fuelled the demand for talented event managing personnel. The demand for creative and result oriented event managers is going to continue in the near future.
An organization that is into event management business offers numerous positions to job seekers. The following are some of the departments in a typical event managing company:
Public Relations – managing a vast gamut of people ranging from clients, artists, stage performers, government officials, public and so on
Promotion and Marketing – for promoting the image of the organization and also for marketing the event to the public at large
Brand Development – a talent pool that is responsible for managing client requirements pertaining to brand restructuring
Designing – a team of creative people who visualize and then prepare design layouts for the stage, costumes, accessories and so on
Administration – a department that is responsible for back office and general administrative tasks
Production – a team comprising of media professionals who manage the production and editing of audio-video related media
Logistics – operational department in event management
This 1 academic year program provides students with the expertise and professionalism required to succeed in the fast-paced and exciting industry of event management. Students develop a strong foundation for planning events and acquire skills and knowledge in marketing, sponsorship, event logistics, risk management, budgeting, programming, entertainment, and people management. Students work in teams to plan and execute an event. Internship placement is available once the program is finished where students benefit from experiential learning and networking with industry representatives.
The program blends the on-campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
After the theoretical part of the courses is finished, all students are invited to do an internship. We recommend joining our internship for a minimum of 3 months. HTL International School has signed a huge variety of educational agreements with different hotel chains, companies, and travel operators nationally, mainland and islands. According to Spanish law, it is possible to do a part-time (20 h/week) or full time (40 h/week) internship during the study period or after the theoretical part is finished. Normally, the companies provide some grant, its quantity depends on the company policy regarding the interns. Some of the internship positions are published directly on our Internships&Jobs Portal. In case you have a company interested in you as an intern in Spain or abroad, please contact us to sign the internship agreement with your company.
- Final project
- Continuous Evaluation
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
Master in EVENT MANAGEMENT
STUDY PLAN: 72 ECTS
Module I: Strategic & Operational Management
- Event industry knowledge, event concept, event feasibility, events venues and sites
- Event legal compliance, business and client relationship, marketing strategies
- Sponsorship, budgets
- Business risk and events bids
- Project management, promotion and public relations, event staging
- Human Resources Management, people performance
- On-site services, safety, and security, crowd procedures
- Event protocol, event catering
- Environmental Management, event impacts and trends
Module II. Information Technologies in Events Marketing
- Social media for Events promotion
- Effective crowdsourcing
- Events venue design software
- Meeting registration software
- Events promotion tools
- Virtual meetings/events
Module III. Strategic Marketing
- Essence of Marketing
- The strategic marketing planning process
- Mission, value strategies, and market definition
- Internal analysis
- Customer analysis
- Industry analysis
- Competitors analysis
- SWOT analysis
- Corporate objectives and corporate strategies
- Marketing objectives and marketing strategies
- Product, price, place
- Marketing communication
- Organization and implementation of marketing
Module IV. Foreign Language Intensive Course (Spanish, French or Russian)
- Official DELE/SIELE exam of Spanish for Foreigners preparation module
- General French or Russian Language test according to the initial entrance level
Module V. Spanish/French/Russian Language for the Tourism Sector Module
Module VI. Final Project
· Project design
· Research tools
· Personal reflection
· Appropriate questionnaire designs
· Conducting academic research, literature search, and review
· Developing a research question, hypothesis and methodology
· Managing a research project
Module VII: Internship
Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
French/Russian language exam