Master in Event Management
with knowledge of Two Languages + In-company Internship
This 1 academic year intensive training program is designed to produce professionals in the field of Event Management. This program is likely to be a particular benefit to students studying courses in hospitality, tourism, project management and related subjects where an appreciation of event management, planning, strategy and project organization is required. Those studying Event Management emerge with business and project management skills of the highest order, ready to face any business challenges. Event management is a professional field of practice that requires sophisticated skills in strategic planning and analysis, risk assessment, marketing, budgeting, cash flow planning, event proposal development and many other topics. The field of Event Management is a business subject with a strong project focus. The skills and knowledge gained in the study of Events Management can be used in a wide range of contexts and can cover such interesting areas as business, sports and the arts. The tourism impact of events is increasingly attracting the interest of governments seeking to maximize domestic and international tourism revenues. All these are working together to develop Event Management as a professional field and contribute Event Management being one of the most exciting environments to work in.
The main course teaching language is English. The study plan includes a 240 hour module to study a foreign language to choose from Spanish for foreigners, French or Russian. After the theoretic modules are completed, all students have the option to complete an internship period in one of our collaborating companies.
This training has been specially devised to teach you all the information and skills you need to become a successful events manager. Instruction is in the form of lectures, learning objectives, videoconference classes, case studies and questions of consideration, key ideas, activities and individual assignments. Examination is in the form of written exams and individual and group assignments and workshop exercises.
All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited DELE & SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes
To enrol in the Master Degree, it is necessary:
1. to fill the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
– passport copy
– last studies transcript
– English level certificate, if any. If you don’t have any proof of your English level, you have to fill the online placement test to be completed online before the online application is done. The direct link is on Admissions page.
On successfully completing this Professional Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the
– Master Degree in Event Management
– DELE Diploma or SIELE Global (Spanish Language for Foreigners official diplomas) or
– French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. Have attained an accredited qualification for managerial and supervisory levels showing you possess competence in professional work activities.
3. Have attained a high level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Master Degree or Master Universitario according to the Spanish National framework.
Event management is an industry that is on the move. An exponential growth in events such as talent-hunt competitions, music concerts, fashion shows, academic functions, exhibitions, trade fairs, marathons, sport competitions, the arts sphere, religious gatherings and the like have fuelled the demand for talented event managing personnel. The demand for creative and result oriented event managers is going to continue in the near future.
An organization that is into event management business offers numerous positions to job seekers. The following are some of the departments in a typical event managing company:
Public Relations – managing a vast gamut of people ranging from clients, artists, stage performers, government officials, public and so on
Promotion and Marketing – for promoting the image of the organisation and also for marketing the event to the public at large
Brand Development – a talent pool that is responsible for managing client requirements pertaining to brand restructuring
Designing – team of creative people who visualise and then prepare design layouts for the stage, costumes, accessories and so on
Administration – department that is responsible for back office and general administrative tasks
Production – team comprising of media professionals who manage the production and editing of audio video related media
Logistics – operational department in event management
This 1 academic year program provides students with the expertise and professionalism required to succeed in the fast-paced and exciting industry of event management. Students develop a strong foundation for planning events and acquire skills and knowledge in marketing, sponsorship, event logistics, risk management, budgeting, programming, entertainment and people management. Students work in teams to plan and execute an event. An internship placement is available once the program is finished where students benefit from experiential learning and networking with industry representatives.
The program blends the on campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
- Degree Thesis
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
Master in EVENT MANAGEMENT STUDY PLAN: 72 ECTS
Module I: Strategic & Operational Management
- Event industry knowledge, event concept, event feasibility, events venues and sites
- Event legal compliance, business and client relationship, marketing strategies
- Sponsorship, budgets
- Business risk and events bids
- Project management, promotion and public relations, event staging
- Human Resources Management, people performance
- On-site services, safety and security, crowd procedures
- Event protocol, event catering
- Environmental Management, event impacts and trends
Module II. Information Technologies in Events Marketing
- Social media for Events promotion
- Effective crowdsourcing
- Events venue design software
- Meeting registration software
- Events promotion tolos
- Virtual meetings/events
Module III. Foreign Language Intensive Course I (Spanish , French or Russian)
- Official DELE exam of Spanish for Foreigners preparation module
- General French or Russian Language test according the initial entrance level
Module IV. Spanish/French/Russian Language for the Tourism Sector Module
Module V. Final Project
· Project design
· Research tools
· Personal reflection
· Appropriate questionnaire designs
· Conducting academic research, literature search and review
· Developing a research question, hypothesis and methodology
· Managing a research projectIV: Production and Operation Management
Module VI: Internship
Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
French/Russian language exam
Please click for alternative Online Enrolment form if this is doesn’t work properly