Master in Hospitality and Tourism Management
on Campus or Online + In-company Internship
On Campus version
This 1 academic year program is designed to produce professionals in the field of Hotel and Tourism Management. The main teaching language is English. The study plan includes an intensive foreign language study module to choose from Spanish for foreigners, French or Russian. After the theoretical modules are completed or simultaneously with it, all students have to complete an internship period in one of the companies of the sector in Spain or abroad.
This program will provide you theoretical, linguistic and practical skills.
Instruction is in the form of lectures, seminars, workshops, videoconference classes, cases and individual assignments. Examination is in the form of written exams, individual and group assignments and workshop exercises.
All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE, of the correspondent A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 levels. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have the Access to the specialized online platform for a period of 9 months with all necessary study materials for all compulsory modules according the study plan
- All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have 9 months per academic year to prepare all required for the graduation tests and exams. The exams can be done online or personally at school in Barcelona or Valencia.
- You will have the possibility to do internship worldwide as HTL student. The school will sign all necessary internship agreements. The internship can run all year round simultaneously with your theoretical online studies. Once the internship is finished, it will be necessary to present the evaluation certificate to count it as a compulsory credit inside your transcript of studies.
To enrol in the Master Degree, it is necessary:
1. to fill the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
– passport copy
– last studies transcript
– English level certificate, if any. If you don’t have any proof of your English level, you have to fill the online placement test to be completed online before the online application is done. The direct link is on Admissions page.
On successfully completing this Professional Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the
– Master Degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management
– DELE Diploma or SIELE Global (Spanish Language for Foreigners official diplomas) or
– French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. Have attained an accredited qualification for managerial and supervisory levels showing you possess competence in professional work activities.
3. Have attained a high level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Master Degree or Master Propio according to the Spanish National framework.
The qualification will help you to build a career in any job in the hospitality industry. This could be as general managers and head of departments in hotels and contract catering establishments, restaurant managers, kitchen managers and managers in the events and leisure sector.
The management of tourism services is a challenging career in this increasingly leisure-oriented society. Dynamic, creative and innovative people are needed to plan, organize and supervise leisure experiences in a variety of diverse settings. The types of positions that graduates may occupy include the following:
Commercial Recreation and Tourism Enterprises, such as private tour companies, leisure-related retail outlets, tourism attractions, health spas, fitness complexes.
Adventure Tourism and Park Management, providing nature-based leisure experiences like camping, wilderness experiences, risk recreation, as well as environmental education and managing the resources required for nature-based leisure.
Tourism Services, including destination resorts and hotels, theme parks, tourist attractions, convention and meeting business, and special events and festivals.
Tour operations, including the packaging, marketing, and operation of tours, tour guiding and interpretation services.
Hotel management, including Hotel manager positions, Hotel receptionist, Hotel/accommodation room attendant, Restaurant waitress, Restaurant manager, Restaurant supervisor, Tourist information assistant, etc.
The program aims for students to acquire the necessary knowledge to work in tourism in different fields. The program focuses on a number of topics, including the development and implementation of tourist-related activities, planning and location, tourism as a major force in local and regional development, marketing on local and regional levels, planning for sustainable development in the tourism industry, and international perspectives on tourism.
Upon completion of the program, students should also be able to demonstrate:
- Understanding of the basic principles that underline the hospitality and tourism industry, with emphasis on financial and interpersonal skills.
- Develop an understanding of the global multi-cultural international marketplace.
- Gain an understanding of the interrelationship of hospitality functions to guest satisfaction.
- How to apply ethical principles and communication processes in an oral and written form.
The program blends the on campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
After the theoretical part of the courses is finished, all students are invited to do an internship. We recommend to join our internship for a minimum of 3 months. HTL International School has signed a huge variety of educational agreements with different hotel chains, companies and travel operators nationally, mainland and islands. According to Spanish law, it is possible to do a part time (20 h/week) or full time (40 h/week) internship during the study period or after the theoretical part is finished. Normally, the companies provide some grant, its quantity depends on the company policy regarding the interns. Some of the internship positions are published directly on our Internships&Jobs Portal. In case you have a company interested in you as an intern in Spain or abroad, please contact us to sign the internship agreement with your company.
- Degree Thesis
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
Master in HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT STUDY PLAN: 72 ECTS
Module I: Hospitality Management
- Hotel Operations & Management
- Hospitality Marketing
- Human Resources
- Hospitality Accounting
- Revenue Management
Module II. Tourism Management
- Economic Impact of Tourism
- Travel market structure
- Tourism Operations and Management
Module III. Customer Service and Communication skills Module
- Introduction to Customer Service
- Effective Communications
- Presenting a Positive Professional Image
- Handling Customer Complaints
- Signification of Business Communication
- Overcoming Barriers to Communication
- Strategic Relevance of Communication
- Essentials of Oral Communication
- Delivering Persuasive Speech
- Successful Meeting Skills
- Listening Skills
- Understanding Body Language
- Paralinguistic or Paralanguage
- Writing Skills and Styles, Business Letters
- Electronic Communication
- Writing Business Reports
- Writing Applicants Profile or Resume
- Interview Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Cross Cultural Communication Skills
Module IV. Market research
- Introduction to Market research
- Writing for Marketing
- Customer relationship Management
- Affiliate Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Social Media Channels
- Social Media Strategy
- Email Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Data analysis and Conversion optimisation
Module V. Foreign Language Intensive Course (Spanish, French or Russian)
- Official DELE/SIELE exam of Spanish for Foreigners preparation module
- General French or Russian Language test according the initial entrance level
Module VI. Spanish/French/Russian Language for the Tourism Sector Module
Module VII. Final Project
· Project design
· Research tools
· Personal reflection
· Appropriate questionnaire designs
· Conducting academic research, literature search and review
· Developing a research question, hypothesis and methodology
· Managing a research projectIV: Production and Operation Management
Module VIII: Internship
Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
French/Russian language exam