Master in Hospitality and Tourism Management
on-Campus or Online + In-company Internship
This 1 academic year program is designed to produce professionals in the field of Hotel and Tourism Management.
The main teaching language is English. This program will provide you with theoretical, linguistic, and practical skills.
The study plan includes intensive foreign language study modules. Spanish is obligatory for non-Spanish speakers. If Spanish is your native language or you have a C1 level, you can choose to study French or Russian instead. After completion of the Language module, you have the possibility to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE, (or correspondent French or Russian state exams) of A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 levels. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes
The specialization modules, which go separately from the Language module, are focused on providing the special, based on real-life experience knowledge. That gives students the possibility to start working in the chosen sphere right after finishing the Master’s degree, without the necessity of getting special training additionally. The module marks will be given based on continuous evaluation and the Final business project presentation.
After the theoretical modules are completed or simultaneously with it, all students have to complete an internship period in one of the companies in the sector in Spain or abroad.
Depending on the situation, and to provide each student a possibility to do the internship during the whole course, all classes might be done in a face to face manner or using the virtual classroom (streaming). This gives both students and teachers extra mobility, providing the opportunity to be in class no matter what happens in the world.
Students can move between campuses or change the modality of studies from on-campus to online after finishing one module and before starting the next one.
- You will have the Access to the specialized online platform with all necessary study materials for all compulsory modules according to the study plan
- All students have to do a foreign language preparation module: Spanish, French or Russian. It is also recommendable to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have 3 months for each module to prepare all required for the graduation tests and projects. All the exams and presentations are done online with no necessity of being presential in one of the campuses.
- You will have the possibility to do an internship worldwide as an HTL student. The school will sign all necessary internship agreements. The internship can run simultaneously with your theoretical online studies. Once the internship is finished, it will be necessary to present the evaluation certificate to count it as a compulsory credit inside your transcript of studies.
- You can change the study modality between Online and On-campus trimestrally
To enroll in the Master Degree, it is necessary:
1. fill out the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
– passport copy
– last studies transcript
– English level certificate, if any. If you don’t have any proof of your English level, you have to fill out the online placement test to be completed online before the online application is done. The direct link is on the Admissions page.
On successfully completing this Professional Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the
– Master Degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management
– DELE Diploma or SIELE Global (Spanish Language for Foreigners official diplomas) or
– French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. Have attained an accredited qualification for managerial and supervisory levels showing you possess competence in professional work activities.
3. Have attained a high-level qualification equated to the International studies framework as Master Degree or Master Propio according to the Spanish National framework.
The qualification will help you to build a career in any job in the hospitality industry. These could be general managers and heads of departments in hotels and contract catering establishments, restaurant managers, kitchen managers, and managers in the events and leisure sector.
The management of tourism services is a challenging career in this increasingly leisure-oriented society. Dynamic, creative, and innovative people are needed to plan, organize and supervise leisure experiences in a variety of diverse settings. The types of positions that graduates may occupy include the following:
Commercial Recreation and Tourism Enterprises, such as private tour companies, leisure-related retail outlets, tourist attractions, health spas, and fitness complexes.
Adventure Tourism and Park Management, providing nature-based leisure experiences like camping, wilderness experiences, and risk recreation, as well as environmental education and managing the resources required for nature-based leisure.
Tourism Services, including destination resorts and hotels, theme parks, tourist attractions, convention, and meeting businesses, and special events and festivals.
Tour operations, including the packaging, marketing, and operation of tours, tour guiding, and interpretation services.
Hotel management, including Hotel manager positions, Hotel receptionist, Hotel/accommodation room attendant, Restaurant waitress, Restaurant Manager, Restaurant Supervisor, Tourist information assistant, etc.
The program aims for students to acquire the necessary knowledge to work in tourism in different fields. The program focuses on a number of topics, including the development and implementation of tourist-related activities, planning, and location, tourism as a major force in local and regional development, marketing on local and regional levels, planning for sustainable development in the tourism industry, and international perspectives on tourism.
Upon completion of the program, students should also be able to demonstrate:
- Understanding of the basic principles that underline the hospitality and tourism industry, with emphasis on financial and interpersonal skills.
- Develop an understanding of the global multi-cultural international marketplace.
- Gain an understanding of the interrelationship of hospitality functions to guest satisfaction.
- How to apply ethical principles and communication processes in an oral and written form.
The program blends the on-campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
After the theoretical part of the courses is finished, all students are invited to do an internship. We recommend joining our internship for a minimum of 3 months. HTL International School has signed a huge variety of educational agreements with different hotel chains, companies, and travel operators nationally, mainland, and on islands. According to Spanish law, it is possible to do a part-time (20 h/week) or full-time (40 h/week) internship during the study period or after the theoretical part is finished. Normally, the companies provide some grants, its quantity depends on the company policy regarding the interns. Some of the internship positions are published directly on our Internships&Jobs Portal. In case you have a company interested in you as an intern in Spain or abroad, please contact us to sign the internship agreement with your company.
- Final Project
- Continuous Evaluation
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
Master in HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT
STUDY PLAN: 72 ECTS
Module I: Hospitality and Tourism Management
- The Hospitality Industry: Past, Present, and Future
- Rating System
- Hotel Management
- The rooms department
- The Food and Beverage department
- Human Resources Management
- Marketing in the Hospitality industry
- Accounting and Financial control
- Facility Engineering and Maintenance
- Managing Safety and Security
Module II. Strategic Marketing
- Essence of Marketing
- The strategic marketing planning process
- Mission, value strategies, and market definition
- Internal analysis
- Customer analysis
- Industry analysis
- Competitors analysis
- SWOT analysis
- Corporate objectives and corporate strategies
- Marketing objectives and marketing strategies
- Product, price, place
- Marketing communication
- Organization and implementation of marketing
Module III. Leading customer experience
- Introduction to customer experience
- Qualities and Actions of the Customer-focused Leader
- Customer Insights and Priorities
- Recruiting for Attitude, Training for Excellence
- Motivating and Empowering Your People
- Communication and Praise
- Improve and Innovate
- Consistently Consistent
Module IV. Foreign Language (Spanish, French or Russian)
Official SIELE exam of Spanish for Foreigners preparation module
General French or Russian Language test according to the initial entrance level
Module V. Professional Spanish/French/Russian Language
Module VI. Final Project
· Project design
· Research tools
· Personal reflection
· Appropriate questionnaire designs
· Conducting academic research, literature search, and review
· Developing a research question, hypothesis and methodology
Module VII: Internship
Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
French/Russian language exam
*One academic hour: 45 minutes