Master in Medical Tourism Management
on Campus or Online + In-company InternshipApply now Download PDF
As recent events have shown us, health is the biggest treasure of a human being. And it´s extremely important to know how to protect and improve it. Medical tourism has always been a huge part of the travel and tourism industry. From ancient history till nowadays people are traveling not only to relax and enjoy but also to get stronger and healthier. So focusing on Medical tourism will be a great business decision.
This 1 academic year program serves to educate the professionals in creating, managing and promoting medical tourism activities. We will be touching medical tourism in Spain and worldwide. We will cover the whole range of medical tourism activities, from SPA recreation to travels for surgery and transplant tourism.
This training has been specially devised to teach you all the information and skills you need to become a successful travel manager for cannabis-based tours and experiences. Instruction is in the form of lectures, learning objectives, case studies and questions of consideration, key ideas, activities, and individual assignments. The examination is in the form of continuous evaluation.
The main teaching language is English. This program will provide you theoretical, linguistic, and practical skills.
The study plan includes intensive foreign language study modules. Spanish is obligatory for non-Spanish speakers. If Spanish is your native language or you have a C1 level of it, you can choose to study French or Russian instead. After completion of the Language module, you have the possibility to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE, (or correspondent French or Russian state exams) of A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 levels. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes
The specialization modules, that go separately from the Language module, are focused on providing the special, based on real-life experience knowledge. That gives students the possibility to start working in the chosen sphere right after finishing the Master’s degree, without the necessity of getting special training additionally. The marks of the module will be given based on continuous evaluation and Final business project presentation.
After the theoretical modules are completed or simultaneously with it, all students have to complete an internship period in one of the companies in the sector in Spain or abroad.
Depending on the situation, and to provide each student a possibility to do the internship during the whole course, all classes might be done in a face to face manner or using the virtual classroom (streaming). This gives both to students and to teachers extra mobility, providing the opportunity to be in class no matter what happens in the world.
Students have the possibility to move between campuses or to change the modality of studies from on-campus to online after finishing one module and before starting the next one.
- You will have the Access to the specialized online platform with all necessary study materials for all compulsory modules according to the study plan
- All students have to do a foreign language preparation module: Spanish, French or Russian. It is also recommendable to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination centre of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have 3 months for each module to prepare all required for the graduation tests and projects. All the exams and presentations are done online with no necessity of being presential in one of the campuses.
- You will have the possibility to do an internship worldwide as an HTL student. The school will sign all necessary internship agreements. The internship can run simultaneously with your theoretical online studies. Once the internship is finished, it will be necessary to present the evaluation certificate to count it as a compulsory credit inside your transcript of studies.
- You can change the study modality between Online and On campus trimestrally.
To enroll in the Master Degree, it is necessary:
1. to fill the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
– passport copy
– last studies transcript
– English level certificate, if any. If you don’t have any proof of your English level, you have to fill the online placement test to be completed online before the online application is done. The direct link is on the Admissions page.
On successfully completing this Professional Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the
– Master Degree in Medical Tourism Management
– DELE Diploma or SIELE Global (Spanish Language for Foreigners official diplomas) or
– French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. Have attained an accredited qualification for managerial and supervisory levels showing you possess competence in professional work activities.
3. Have attained a high-level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Master Degree or Master Propio according to the Spanish National framework.
Many large and medium-sized travel companies search for new professionals, to wider their product range. Apart from being strictly tourism, medical-based activities may be useful in other spheres.
Opportunities exist within all sectors including:
- medical events management
- medical tours organizations
- luxury/VIP medical experiences
- medical tourism customer service organization
- medical and spa hotels
- medical web pages and applications
- medical and natural cosmetics
- transplant tourism
This 1 academic year program provides students with the expertise and professionalism required to succeed in the fast-paced and exciting industry of travel management and organization.
This area of study is open to all graduates, however, it may be particularly useful for graduates from hospitality and tourism, events management, business administration, luxury/VIP management in tourism.
Travel managers are involved in developing and organizing innovative medical tours and experiences.
Key areas include:
- cosmetic and plastic tours surgery tours
- cosmetic surgery aftercare
- SPA holidays
- transplant tourism
The program blends the on-campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
After the theoretical part of the courses is finished, all students are invited to do an internship. We recommend joining our internship for a minimum of 3 months. HTL International School has signed a huge variety of educational agreements with different hotel chains, companies, and travel operators nationally, mainland, and islands. According to Spanish law, it is possible to do a part-time (20 h/week) or full-time (40 h/week) internship during the study period or after the theoretical part is finished. Normally, the companies provide some grants, its quantity depends on the company policy regarding the interns. Some of the internship positions are published directly on our Internships&Jobs Portal. In case you have a company interested in you as an intern in Spain or abroad, please contact us to sign the internship agreement with your company.
- Degree Thesis
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
Master in Medical Tourism Management
STUDY PLAN: 72 ECTS
Module I. Medical Tourism Management
- The world history of medical tourism
- Geography of medical tourism
- Special geography of medical tourism in Spain
- Medical tourism activities
- Luxury/VIP sector of medical tourism
- Possession/Travel Laws and regulations
- Medical tourism business planning
- Human resources in medical tourism
- Pricing of medical tourism services
- Medical service promotion
- Customer service excellence in medical tourism
Module II. Strategic Marketing
- Essence of Marketing
- The strategic marketing planning process
- Mission, value strategies, and market definition
- Internal analysis
- Customer analysis
- Industry analysis
- Competitors analysis
- SWOT analysis
- Corporate objectives and corporate strategies
- Marketing objectives and marketing strategies
- Product, price, place
- Marketing communication
- Organization and implementation of marketing
Module III. Foreign Language Intensive Course I (Spanish, French or Russian)
Official DELE exam of Spanish for Foreigners preparation module
General French or Russian Language test according to the initial entrance level
Module IV. Spanish/French/Russian Language for the Tourism Sector Module
Module V. Final Project
· Project design
· Research tools
· Personal reflection
· Appropriate questionnaire designs
· Conducting academic research, literature search, and review
· Developing a research question, hypothesis, and methodology
Module VI: Internship
Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
French/Russian language exam
*One academic hour: 45 minutes