Master in Real Estate and Household Management
on Campus or Online + In-company InternshipApply now Download PDF
Spanish real estate has the highest yields vs many European Cities. More and more people are beginning to realize that they not only can but should, invest in real estate and contract professionals to manage their households. Our economy moves increasingly onto service-based platforms.
More real estate agents are hired by people eager to turn over the management of investments in their private or commercial properties to someone they can trust. And the profession itself becomes much more accessible and standardized.
The professional real estate specialist, both for private and commercial properties, requires a wide range of skills and know-how in order to provide the high-end service that investors are looking for.
The real estate sector is changing on the daily basis: new types of both, private and commercial properties, are appearing (co-working, co-building, co-living, co-housing, and networking). This is the social and labor tendency.
Spain is the sweet spot for investment in real estate, both in private and commercial properties. Barcelona and Madrid are the 5th and 8th most expensive European cities in terms of price/m2. Madrid has the highest rental yield in Europe and Barcelona is the 4th in Europe with the highest yield according to Deloitte.
The main teaching language is English. The study plan includes an intensive foreign language study module to choose from Spanish for foreigners, French or Russian. After the theoretical modules are completed or simultaneously with it, all students have to complete an internship period in one of the companies in the sector in Spain or abroad. The theoretical part takes place in our school located in Barcelona or Valencia, Spain.
During the program, each student will have the opportunity to actively engage in the business world by means of an in-company internship. With a minimum of 240 hours of practical work, the compulsory internship will contribute positively to the student’s experience and professional profile.
This program will provide you with theoretical, linguistic, and practical skills.
Instruction is in the form of lectures, seminars, workshops, videoconference classes, cases, and individual assignments. The examination is in the form of written exams, individual and group assignments, and workshop exercises.
All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE, of the correspondent A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 levels. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have the Access to the specialized online platform for a period of one academic year with all necessary study materials for all compulsory modules according to the study plan
- All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have 6 months per academic year to prepare all required for the graduation tests. The Project presentation can be done online or personally at school.
- You will have the possibility to do an internship worldwide as HTL student. The school will sign all necessary internship agreements. The internship can run all year round simultaneously with your theoretical online studies. Once the internship is finished, it will be necessary to present the evaluation certificate to count it as a compulsory credit inside your transcript of studies.
To enroll in the Master’s Degree, it is necessary:
1. fill out the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
– passport copy
– last studies transcript
– English level certificate, if any. If you don’t have any proof of your English level, you have to fill out the online placement test to be completed online before the online application is done. The direct link is on the Admissions page.
On successfully completing this Professional Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the
– Master’s Degree in Real Estate and Household Management
– DELE Diploma or SIELE Global (Spanish Language for Foreigners official diplomas) or
– French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. Have attained an accredited qualification for managerial and supervisory levels showing you possess competence in professional work activities.
3. Have attained a high-level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Master’s Degree or Master Propio according to the Spanish National framework.
The field of real estate is always evolving and real estate professionals are among the 100 Best Jobs yearly. There is about 11% job growth expected next year.
Real estate and Household management professionals’ career path:
- Commercial Broker
- Industrial and office broker
- Land Broker
- Real estate Appraiser
- Property manager
- Real estate consultant
- Household manager
- Professional butler
Learning goals and associated learning outcomes for the Master in Real Estate and Household Management:
- Find out how residential properties are valued, and what can affect that value
- Learn how to apply valuation methods, inspection, and measurement techniques
- Learn buying and disposal schemes and issues around housing maintenance, repairs, and improvements.
- Learn how to manage a luxury residential property portfolio
- Learn how the residential letting market works and what legal compliance is required
- Find out the main butler’s responsibilities
- Improve professional customer service & communication skills
The program blends the on-campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
After the theoretical part of the courses is finished, all students are invited to do an internship. We recommend joining our internship for a minimum of 3 months. HTL International School has signed a huge variety of educational agreements with different hotel chains, companies, and travel operators nationally, mainland, and on islands. According to Spanish law, it is possible to do a part-time (20 h/week) or full-time (40 h/week) internship during the study period or after the theoretical part is finished. Normally, the companies provide some grants, its quantity depends on the company policy regarding the interns. Some of the internship positions are published directly on our Internships&Jobs Portal. In case you have a company interested in you as an intern in Spain or abroad, please contact us to sign the internship agreement with your company.
- Final Project
- Continuous Assessment
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
Master degree in REAL ESTATE and HOUSEHOLD MANAGEMENT
STUDY PLAN: 72 ECTS credits
Module I: Real Estate Management
- Types of Ownerships and Methods of Valuation
- Buying and Disposal
- Development and Construction
- Luxury Real Estate Rentals in Hospitality Industry (golf courses, spas, resorts)
Module II: Household Management
- Essence of Butler
- Butler Etiquette
- Managing Private Estates as Commercial Operations
- Household Management Responsibilities
Module III. Strategic Marketing
- Essence of Marketing
- The strategic marketing planning process
- Mission, value strategies, and market definition
- Internal analysis
- Customer analysis
- Industry analysis
- Competitors analysis
- SWOT analysis
- Corporate objectives and corporate strategies
- Marketing objectives and marketing strategies
- Product, price, place
- Marketing communication
- Organization and implementation of marketing
Module IV. Leading customer experience
- Introduction to customer experience
- Qualities and Actions of the Customer-focused Leader
- Customer Insights and Priorities
- Recruiting for Attitude, Training for Excellence
- Motivating and Empowering Your People
- Communication and Praise
- Improve and Innovate
- Consistently Consistent
Module V. Foreign Language (Spanish, French or Russian)
Official SIELE exam of Spanish for Foreigners preparation module
General French or Russian Language test according to the initial entrance level
Module VI. Professional Spanish/French/Russian Language
Module VII. Final Project
· Project design
· Research tools
· Personal reflection
· Appropriate questionnaire designs
· Conducting academic research, literature search, and review
· Developing a research question, hypothesis and methodology
Module VIII: Internship
Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners SIELE
French/Russian language exam
*One academic hour: 45 minutes