Master in Legal Cannabis Tourism Management
on Campus or Online + In-company InternshipApply now
Nowadays, to attract new customers, your tourism agency has to propose something different and original. As more and more countries legalize the use of cannabis, more and more tourists are searching for cannabis based experiences.
This 1 academic year program serves to educate the professionals, able to create, manage, promote and conduct cannabis-based tours and activities.
The main teaching language is English. The study plan includes an intensive foreign language study module to choose from Spanish for foreigners, French or Russian. After the theoretic modules are completed or simultaneously with it, all students have the option to complete an internship period in local or located abroad companies.
This training has been specially devised to teach you all the information and skills you need to become a successful travel manager for cannabis-based tours and experiences. Instruction is in the form of lectures, learning objectives, case studies and questions of consideration, key ideas, activities, and individual assignments. The examination is in the form of continues evaluation.
All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have the Access to the specialized online platform for a period of 9 months with all necessary study materials for all compulsory modules according to the study plan
- All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have 9 months per academic year to prepare all required for the graduation tests and exams. The exams can be done online or personally at school in Barcelona or Valencia.
- You will have the possibility to do internship worldwide as HTL student. The school will sign all necessary internship agreements. The internship can run all year round simultaneously with your theoretical online studies. Once the internship is finished, it will be necessary to present the evaluation certificate to count it as a compulsory credit inside your transcript of studies.
To enrol in the Master Degree, it is necessary:
1. to fill the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
– passport copy
– last studies transcript
– English level certificate, if any. If you don’t have any proof of your English level, you have to fill the online placement test to be completed online before the online application is done. The direct link is on the Admissions page.
On successfully completing this Professional Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the
– Master Degree in Legal Cannabis Tourism Management
– DELE Diploma or SIELE Global (Spanish Language for Foreigners official diplomas) or
– French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. Have attained an accredited qualification for managerial and supervisory levels showing you possess competence in professional work activities.
3. Have attained a high-level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Master Degree or Master Propio according to the Spanish National framework.
Many large and medium-sized travel companies search for new professionals, to wider their product range. Apart from being strictly tourism, cannabis-based activities may be useful in other spheres.
Opportunities exist within all sectors including:
- cannabis-based tours organizations
- cannabis-based events management
- luxury/VIP cannabis experiences
- cannabis public relations
- hospitality management and organization
- developing cannabis-based web pages and applications
- cannabis cosmetics
- cannabis based eatable products
This 1 academic year program provides students with the expertise and professionalism required to succeed in the fast-paced and exciting industry of travel management and organisation.
This area of studies is open to all graduates, however, it may be particularly useful for graduates from hospitality and tourism, events management, business administration, luxury/VIP management in tourism.
Travel managers are involved in developing and organizing innovative cannabis-based tours and experiences.
Key areas include:
- cannabis-based painting classes
- cannabis yoga sessions
- cannabis and wine tours
- cannabis based spa experiences
The program blends the on-campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
After the theoretical part of the courses is finished, all students are invited to do an internship. We recommend joining our internship for a minimum of 3 months. HTL International School has signed a huge variety of educational agreements with different hotel chains, companies, and travel operators nationally, mainland and islands. According to Spanish law, it is possible to do a part-time (20 h/week) or full time (40 h/week) internship during the study period or after the theoretical part is finished. Normally, the companies provide some grant, its quantity depends on the company policy regarding the interns. Some of the internship positions are published directly on our Internships&Jobs Portal. In case you have a company interested in you as an intern in Spain or abroad, please contact us to sign the internship agreement with your company.
- Degree Thesis
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
Master in Legal Cannabis Tourism Management
STUDY PLAN: 72 ECTS
Module I. Cannabis Tourism Management
- The World History of Cannabis
- Introduction to the Cannabis Industry
- Cannabis Tourism Activities
- Luxury/VIP Cannabis tourism
- Challenges to Cannabis Vacations
- Possession/Travel Laws
- Medical Use of Cannabinoids
- Initial steps: the Role of the business plan
- Human Resources and Employment
- The Practice of Pricing
- The Practice of Sales Promotion
- Customer Communication
Module II. Strategic Marketing
- Essence of Marketing
- The strategic marketing planning process
- Mission, value strategies, and market definition
- Internal analysis
- Customer analysis
- Industry analysis
- Competitors analysis
- SWOT analysis
- Corporate objectives and corporate strategies
- Marketing objectives and marketing strategies
- Product, price, place
- Marketing communication
- Organization and implementation of marketing
Module III. Foreign Language Intensive Course I (Spanish, French or Russian)
Official DELE exam of Spanish for Foreigners preparation module
General French or Russian Language test according to the initial entrance level
Module IV. Spanish/French/Russian Language for the Tourism Sector Module
Module V. Final Project
· Project design
· Research tools
· Personal reflection
· Appropriate questionnaire designs
· Conducting academic research, literature search, and review
· Developing a research question, hypothesis and methodology
Module VI: Internship
Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
French/Russian language exam