Wedding Planning Diploma
On-Campus or Online + In-company Internship
If you are excellent at and enjoy planning big parties, like working with people, and are skilled at networking and negotiating, consider becoming a wedding planner. People who work in this field are also known as a wedding or bridal consultants. Many are self-employed, but others work for wedding or event planning companies. A wedding planner finds venues and vendors including invitation designers and printers, DJs, bands, photographers, and caterers, and negotiates contracts on behalf of the bride and groom. He or she deals with any difficulties that occur before, during, and after the event, making sure things go smoothly. Excellent organizational and time management skills are also a must. Running your own wedding planning business requires you to be adept at handling finances and promoting your business. Expertise in color, music, and flowers are needed as well. Plan to spend a lot of time reading the current bridal magazines, of which there are many, to keep up with the latest trends. Knowledge of religions is also imperative since a wedding ceremony is often a religious one. Related to this is a knowledge of customs and traditions, which are also part of many wedding ceremonies.
This 6-month intensive training program is designed to produce professionals in the field of Wedding Planning.
The main teaching language is English. This program will provide you theoretical, linguistic and practical skills.
The study plan includes intensive foreign language study modules. Spanish is obligatory for non-Spanish speakers. If Spanish is your native language or you have a C1 level of it, you can choose to study French or Russian instead. After completion of the Language module, you have the possibility to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE, (or correspondent French or Russian state exams) of A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 levels. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes
The specialization modules, that go separately from the Language module, are focused on providing the special, based on real-life experience knowledge. That gives students the possibility to start working in the chosen sphere right after finishing the degree, without the necessity of getting special training additionally. The marks of the module will be given based on continuous evaluation and Final business project presentation.
After the theoretical modules are completed or simultaneously with it, all students have to complete an internship period in one of the companies in the sector in Spain or abroad.
Depending on the situation, and to provide each student a possibility to do the internship during the whole course, all classes might be done in a face to face manner or using the virtual classroom (streaming). This gives both to students and to teachers extra mobility, providing the opportunity to be in class no matter what happens in the world.
Students have the possibility to move between campuses or to change the modality of studies from on-campus to online after finishing one module and before starting the next one.
- You will have the Access to the specialized online platform with all necessary study materials for all compulsory modules according to the study plan
- All students have to do a foreign language preparation module: Spanish, French or Russian. It is also recommendable to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination centre of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have 3 months for each module to prepare all required for the graduation tests and projects. All the exams and presentations are done online with no necessity of being presential in one of the campuses.
- You will have the possibility to do an internship worldwide as an HTL student. The school will sign all necessary internship agreements. The internship can run simultaneously with your theoretical online studies. Once the internship is finished, it will be necessary to present the evaluation certificate to count it as a compulsory credit inside your transcript of studies.
- You can change the study modality between Online and On campus trimestrally.
To enroll in the Diploma Program, it is necessary:
1. to fulfill the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
– passport copy
– last studies transcript
– English level certificate, if any.
On successfully completing this High Graduate Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the HTL Hospitality, Tourism & Languages School Diploma on Wedding Planning Diploma + Official Spanish Language DELE or SIELE Global certificate
2. Have attained an accredited qualification for supervisory levels showing you possess competence in professional work activities.
3. Have attained a professional qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Diploma Course.
You could start as an administrator or assistant for an event management company and work your way up, or work at a wedding venue as an in-house wedding co-ordinator.
The Diploma in Wedding Planning is a presential or online course that will show you not only how to plan beautiful weddings, but will teach you all the skills required to have a successful career as a wedding planner.
The Diploma in Wedding Planning curriculum links theory with practice in order to develop core competencies and the business acumen of a Certified Wedding Planner Professional. The program consists of 3 Modules, practical and theoretical.
The program blends the on-campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
After the theoretical part of the courses is finished, all students are invited to do an internship. We recommend joining our internship for a minimum of 3 months. HTL International School has signed a huge variety of educational agreements with different hotel chains, companies, and travel operators nationally, mainland and islands. According to Spanish law, it is possible to do a part-time (20 h/week) or full time (40 h/week) internship during the study period or after the theoretical part is finished. Normally, the companies provide some grant, its quantity depends on the company policy regarding the interns. Some of the internship positions are published directly on our Internships&Jobs Portal. In case you have a company interested in you as an intern in Spain or abroad, please contact us to sign the internship agreement with your company.
- Degree Project
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
Diploma in WEDDING PLANNING
STUDY PLAN: 48 ECTS
Module I. Spanish/Russian/French Language Intensive Course
– Official DELE/SIELE exam of Spanish for Foreigners preparation module
– General French or Russian Language according to the initial entrance level
Module II: Wedding Planning
- Role of wedding Consultant
- Weddings and culture
- Tourism and destination weddings
- Weddings budget planning
- Wedding timelines
- Food, Beverage and the wedding cake
- The Ceremony (Décor and Etiquette)
- Photography and Videography
- Music and entertainment
- Wedding day details
- Marketing strategy
- Stress Management and Career Enrichment
Module III: Internship (mínimum 240 h)
*One academic hour: 45 minutes