IT SUPPORT ENGINEER INTERN
We are Welocalize – a global leader in innovative translation and localization solutions. We’re helping global brands to grow and reach audiences around the world in more than 175 languages, with solutions and technologies.
Our global team are excited to be adding a new IT Support Intern role to our office in Barcelona, Spain. We’re looking for bright and enthusiastic colleagues to be a part of our new team, so if this job appeals to you, just apply and we’ll get in touch!
What you’ll be doing
· Provide professional IT support and timely resolution of service desk tickets to local and remote users.
· On-boarding and off-boarding of employees in the Barcelona office.
· Provisioning of laptops and equipment in the Barcelona office.
· Provide support across Enterprise cloud-based systems in particular Microsoft 365.
· Timely escalation of service desk tickets, when needed, to appropriate teams and personnel.
· Laptop and desktop installation, configuration, and troubleshooting (mostly Windows 10 with some macOS).
· Delivery of IT induction training through one-on-one sessions and webinars.
· Inventory and asset tracking.
· Ensure adherence to global processes, procedures, and standards.
What we’re looking for in you
– In Pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a college or university in Computer Science or a related field or in pursuit of a Professional Education degree (Ciclo formativo grado superior) Computer Science or a related field.
– Your university/school needs to be in the position to sign a learning agreement (convenio de prácticas) for the duration of your internship.
– You are based in or around Barcelona and can travel to our office on daily basis.
If you meet these minimum requirements, please read on:
· Hands on experience of installing and troubleshooting PC hardware, Windows 10 (macOS desirable).
· Experience with and understanding of fundamental network technologies (DHCP, DNS, VPN, NAT, etc.) and protocols.
· Knowledge and experience with major cloud providers such as Microsoft Office 365, Citrix ShareFile, Workday, Zendesk, LearnUpon, and
UserVoice an advantage.
· Solid grasp of TCP/IP networking fundamentals, including IP address configuration, network patching, switch installation and
configuration and knowledge of ISP equipment.
· Broad infrastructure knowledge covering networking, operating system, and application topologies highly desirable.
· Familiar with file and folder NTFS security permissions, share permissions, security groups.
· PowerShell scripting experience desirable.
· Ability to effectively communicate and share knowledge with both technical and non-technical people.
· The desire and ability to deal with everyone in a professional, timely and efficient manner.
· Strong work organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
· Methodical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
· Fast learner.
· Excellent communicator.
· Ability to take initiative, ownership and investigate issues, as well as being proactive.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, fluent English.
OPEN TO START IN JULY 2021
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS OPEN ONLY TO STUDENTS WHO ARE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN A UNIVERSITY DEGREE PROGRAM/PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION PROGRAM