Master of Business Administration (2 years MBA)
on Campus or Online + In-company InternshipApply now Download PDF
The objective of this MBA is to empower every student with strong leadership skills in an international and multicultural context. Students will acquire knowledge and competencies in general management and administration, consulting, as well as company evaluation, hereby being able to apply their acquired skills in real-life situations. This MBA program is aimed at international and Spanish university graduates from a variety of academic backgrounds such as law, communication, engineering, health or nutrition, arts, and humanities, who wish to gain advanced knowledge in the field of business administration, assessment, and consulting as well as general management, strategy formation, and capacity planning.
The main teaching language is English. This program will provide you with theoretical, linguistic, and practical skills.
The study plan includes intensive foreign language study modules. Spanish is obligatory for non-Spanish speakers. If Spanish is your native language or you have a C1 level, you can choose to study French or Russian instead. After completion of the Language module, you have the possibility to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE, (or correspondent French or Russian state exams) of A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 levels. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes
The specialization modules, which go separately from the Language module, are focused on providing the special, based on real-life experience knowledge. That gives students the possibility to start working in the chosen sphere right after finishing the Master’s degree, without the necessity of getting special training additionally. The module marks will be given based on continuous evaluation and the Final business project presentation.
After the theoretical modules are completed or simultaneously with it, all students have to complete an internship period in one of the companies in the sector in Spain or abroad.
Depending on the situation, and to provide each student a possibility to do the internship during the whole course, all classes might be done in a face-to-face manner or using the virtual classroom (streaming). This gives both students and teachers extra mobility, providing the opportunity to be in class no matter what happens in the world.
Students can move between campuses or change the modality of studies from on-campus to online after finishing one module and before starting the next one.
- You will have the Access to the specialized online platform with all necessary study materials for all compulsory modules according to the study plan
- All students have to do a foreign language preparation module: Spanish, French or Russian. It is also recommendable to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have 3 months for each module to prepare all required for the graduation tests and projects. All the exams and presentations are done online with no necessity of being presential in one of the campuses.
- You will have the possibility to do an internship worldwide as an HTL student. The school will sign all necessary internship agreements. The internship can run simultaneously with your theoretical online studies. Once the internship is finished, it will be necessary to present the evaluation certificate to count it as a compulsory credit inside your transcript of studies.
- You can change the study modality between Online and On-campus trimestrally.
To enroll in the Master Degree, it is necessary:
1. fill out the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
– passport copy
– last studies transcript
– English level certificate, if any. If you don’t have any proof of your English level, you have to fill out the online placement test to be completed online before the online application is done. The direct link is on the Admissions page.
On successfully completing this Professional Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the
– Master Degree in Business Administration
– DELE Diploma or SIELE Global (Spanish Language for Foreigners official diplomas) or
– French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. Have attained an accredited qualification for managerial and supervisory levels showing you possess competence in professional work activities.
3. Have attained a high-level qualification equated to the International studies framework as Master Degree or Master Propio according to the Spanish National framework.
An MBA is extremely versatile and valuable and will allow you to pivot in many different directions depending on your career aspirations, skills, and interests. Let’s take a look at just a few of the career paths and job opportunities open to you following graduation:
1. Management Consultant
A management consultant’s job is to advise companies on their management practices and identify problems within the organization that may be holding the company back from reaching its goals. Many management consultants are self-employed, while others work for large firms. According to the Institute of Management Consultants, about 27% of consultants are self-employed. This is an ideal arrangement for many MBAs: a flexible career path with high earning potential.
2. Marketing Manager
Marketing managers oversee the planning and execution of a multifaceted marketing plan to help their companies grow. They set budgets, plan marketing campaigns, and manage staff on the marketing team to conduct market research, launch marketing campaigns, and analyze the data collected from each campaign to make improvements. Their goal is to create more brand awareness and bring in sales. Marketing managers must be knowledgeable about many different types of marketing approaches and also be skilled at leading a diverse team.
3. Investment Banker
Investment bankers help companies invest and grow their capital through the shrewd purchasing of equity and debt. They also provide advice and assistance during financial transitions such as acquisitions and mergers. Bankers are responsible for ensuring all pertinent paperwork is in order and that all government regulations are followed during any and all transactions
4. Operations Manager
An operations manager is sort of a company’s jack-of-all-trades. He or she oversees daily operations, purchasing, inventory, coordination between departments, and policy creation. Responsibilities may also include hiring employees and negotiating contracts. However, this job will vary depending on the organization and the expectations of the CEO. Therefore, this position requires a great deal of flexibility and multitasking
5. Financial Advisor
Financial advisors cater to the individual rather than businesses, and play a key role in helping families plan for retirement, invest in their children’s education, and build individual wealth. A financial advisor looks out for their client’s best interests by suggesting good investment opportunities and creating realistic long-term plans. This is an excellent career path for MBAs who have a desire to help others become financially savvy.
The HTL MBA concentrates on helping you prepare for general management and executive leadership roles in business spheres. It’s about real-world learning that combines traditional classroom teaching with case studies and teamwork to develop management skills, encourage critical thinking and sharpen your decision-making ability.
The team-based activities hone negotiation skills and emphasize the importance of working together co-operatively. Creativity and entrepreneurship are qualities that we are committed to encouraging.
Learning goals and associated learning outcomes for the MBA:
1. Knowledge: Our graduates will have current disciplinary or interdisciplinary knowledge applicable in local and global contexts. Students should be able to identify and apply current knowledge of disciplinary or interdisciplinary theory and professional practice to business in local and global environments.
2. Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: Our graduates will have critical thinking and problem-solving skills applicable to business and management practice or issues. Students should be able to identify, research and analyze complex issues and problems in business and/or management, and propose appropriate and well-justified solutions.
3. Communication: Our graduates will be effective communicators in professional contexts. Students should be able to produce written documents that communicate complex disciplinary ideas and information effectively for the intended audience and purpose. Students should be able to produce oral presentations that communicate complex disciplinary ideas and information effectively for the intended audience and purpose.
4. Teamwork: Our graduates will be effective team participants. Students should be able to participate collaboratively and responsibly in teams and reflect on their own teamwork, and on the team’s processes and ability to achieve outcomes.
5. Ethical, social and environmental responsibility: Our graduates will be aware of ethical, social, cultural and environmental implications of business issues and practice.
6. Leadership: Our graduates will have an understanding of effective leadership. Students should be able to reflect upon their own personal leadership style and on the leadership needs of businesses and teams.
The program blends the on-campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
After the theoretical part of the courses is finished, all students are invited to do an internship. We recommend joining our internship for a minimum of 3 months. HTL International School has signed a huge variety of educational agreements with different hotel chains, companies, and travel operators nationally, mainland and islands. According to Spanish law, it is possible to do a part-time (20 h/week) or full-time (40 h/week) internship during the study period or after the theoretical part is finished. Normally, the companies provide some grants, its quantity depends on the company policy regarding the interns. Some of the internship positions are published directly on our Internships&Jobs Portal. In case you have a company interested in you as an intern in Spain or abroad, please contact us to sign the internship agreement with your company.
- Final Project
- Continuous Evaluation
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
Master degree of BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION STUDY PLAN
Year I: 72 ECTS credits
Module I: Starting the Business
- Economic and Global Markets
- Production and Operation Management
- Human Resources Management
- Marketing and Consumer Behavior
- General Accounting and Management of Financial Resources I
Module II. Strategic Marketing
- Essence of Marketing
- The strategic marketing planning process
- Mission, value strategies, and market definition
- Internal analysis
- Customer analysis
- Industry analysis
- Competitors analysis
- SWOT analysis
- Corporate objectives and corporate strategies
- Marketing objectives and marketing strategies
- Product, price, place
- Marketing communication
- Organization and implementation of marketing
Module III. Leading customer experience
- Introduction to customer experience
- Qualities and Actions of the Customer-focused Leader
- Customer Insights and Priorities
- Recruiting for Attitude, Training for Excellence
- Motivating and Empowering Your People
- Communication and Praise
- Improve and Innovate
- Consistently Consistent
Module IV. Foreign Language (Spanish, French or Russian)
Official SIELE exam of Spanish for Foreigners preparation module
General French or Russian Language test according to the initial entrance level
Module V. Professional Spanish/French/Russian Language
Module VI. Final Project
· Project design
· Research tools
· Personal reflection
· Appropriate questionnaire designs
· Conducting academic research, literature search, and review
· Developing a research question, hypothesis and methodology
Module VII: Internship
Year II: 72 ECTS credits
Module I: Supporting and developing the business
- Digital Marketing
- Quality Control Systems
- Personal Communication Skills
- Accounting/ Finance II
Module II. Foreign Language Intensive Module (Spanish, French or Russian) II
- Official SIELE exam of Spanish for Foreigners preparation module
- General French or Russian Language test according to the initial entrance level
Module III. Spanish/French/Russian Language for the Business/Tourism Sector Module II
Module IV: Degree Thesis
Module V: Internship II
Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners SIELE
French/Russian language exam
*One academic hour: 45 minutes