Master in Modern Mental Health Therapy
on Campus or Online + In-company InternshipApply now Download PDF
In the modern world, mental health and happiness are becoming a top priority. More and more famous people are speaking openly about their trauma and mental problems, breaking the stigma and opening the way for ordinary people. The COVID-19 pandemic and the lockdown of 2020 – 2022 did increase the possible problems in families, work environment, teenagers, and children’s mental stability. But it also developed new ways of reaching out for help like teletherapy, AI, and VR therapy.
This program is created for those interested in Modern tendencies of mental health and psychotherapy. For those who want to make it their future profession entirely or simply add the bonus to their human resources and organizational behavior specialization. The course gives introductory information about psychotherapy in general, therefore does not require any previous medical studies. You will meet the balance between the theoretical classes, case study analysis, practical tasks, and internships that will help you to become a professional in modern tendencies in mental health therapy.
The main teaching language is English. This program will provide you with theoretical, linguistic, and practical skills.
The study plan includes intensive foreign language study modules. Spanish is obligatory for non-Spanish speakers. If Spanish is your native language or you have a C1 level of it, you can choose to study French or Russian instead. After completion of the Language module, you have the possibility to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE, (or correspondent French or Russian state exams) of A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 levels. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes
The specialization modules, which go separately from the Language module, are focused on providing the special, based on real-life experience knowledge. That gives students the possibility to start working in the chosen sphere right after finishing the Master’s degree, without the necessity of getting special training additionally. The marks of the module will be given based on continuous evaluation and the final project presentation.
After the theoretical modules are completed or simultaneously with it, all students have to complete an internship period in one of the companies in the sector in Spain or abroad.
Depending on the situation, and to provide each student a possibility to do the internship during the whole course, all classes might be done in a face-to-face manner or using the virtual classroom (streaming). This gives both students and teachers extra mobility, providing the opportunity to be in class no matter what happens in the world.
Students have the possibility to move between campuses or to change the modality of studies from on-campus to online after finishing one module and before starting the next one.
- You will have the Access to the specialized online platform with all necessary study materials for all compulsory modules according to the study plan
- All students have to do a foreign language preparation module: Spanish, French or Russian. It is also recommendable to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have 3 months for each module to prepare all required for the graduation tests and projects. All the exams and presentations are done online with no necessity of being presential on one of the campuses.
- You will have the possibility to do an internship worldwide as an HTL student. The school will sign all necessary internship agreements. The internship can run simultaneously with your theoretical online studies. Once the internship is finished, it will be necessary to present the evaluation certificate to count it as a compulsory credit inside your transcript of studies.
- You can change the study modality between Online and On-campus trimestrally.
To enroll in the Master Degree, it is necessary:
1. fill the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
– passport copy
– last studies transcript
– English level certificate, if any. If you don’t have any proof of your English level, you have to fill the online placement test to be completed online before the online application is done. The direct link is on the Admissions page.
On successfully completing this Professional Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the
– Master Degree in Modern Mental Health Therapy
– DELE Diploma or SIELE Global (Spanish Language for Foreigners official diplomas) or
– French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. Have attained an accredited qualification for managerial and supervisory levels showing you possess competence in professional work activities.
3. Have attained a high-level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Master Degree or Master Propio according to the Spanish National framework.
After getting the Master’s degree in Modern Tendencies of Mental Health Therapy you will be able to dive into the exciting world of mental health.
- Mental health consultant
- Human Resources specialist
- Organizational behavior specialist
- High school/university counselor
- Self-employed mental health specialist
This 1 academic year program provides students with the expertise and professionalism required to succeed in the fast-paced and exciting world of mental health.
This area of study is open to all graduates, however, it may be particularly useful for graduates from human resources, business management, hospitality and tourism, events management, luxury/VIP management, and medical tourism.
Mental Health specialists are involved in developing and organizing innovative cannabis-based tours and experiences.
Key areas include:
- cannabis-based painting classes
- cannabis yoga sessions
- cannabis and wine tours
- cannabis-based spa experiences
The program blends the on-campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
After the theoretical part of the courses is finished, all students are invited to do an internship. We recommend joining our internship for a minimum of 3 months. HTL International School has signed a huge variety of educational agreements with different hotel chains, companies, and travel operators nationally, mainland, and on islands. According to Spanish law, it is possible to do a part-time (20 h/week) or full-time (40 h/week) internship during the study period or after the theoretical part is finished. Normally, the companies provide some grants, its quantity depends on the company policy regarding the interns. Some of the internship positions are published directly on our Internships&Jobs Portal. In case you have a company interested in you as an intern in Spain or abroad, please contact us to sign the internship agreement with your company.
- Degree Thesis
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
Master in Modern Mental Health Therapy
STUDY PLAN: 72 ECTS
Module I. Tendencies in Mental Health Therapy
- Introduction to therapy
- Music and art therapy
- Animal therapy
- Use of cannabis as medicine
- Mental happiness of LGBT+
- Virtual reality therapy
- Play and nature therapy
- Alternative therapy (trauma-based, blood test, teletherapy, etc)
Module II. Strategic Marketing
- Essence of Marketing
- The strategic marketing planning process
- Mission, value strategies, and market definition
- Internal analysis
- Customer analysis
- Industry analysis
- Competitors analysis
- SWOT analysis
- Corporate objectives and corporate strategies
- Marketing objectives and marketing strategies
- Product, price, place
- Marketing communication
- Organization and implementation of marketing
Module III. Foreign Language Intensive Course I (Spanish, French or Russian)
Official DELE exam of Spanish for Foreigners preparation module
General French or Russian Language test according to the initial entrance level
Module IV. Spanish/French/Russian Language for the Tourism Sector Module
Module V. Final Project
· Project design
· Research tools
· Personal reflection
· Appropriate questionnaire designs
· Conducting academic research, literature search, and review
· Developing a research question, hypothesis and methodology
Module VI: Internship
Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
French/Russian language exam
*One academic hour: 45 minutes