Master in Legal Cannabis Tourism Management
on Campus or Online + In-company InternshipApply now Download PDF
Nowadays, to attract new customers, your tourism agency has to propose something different and original. As more and more countries legalize the use of cannabis, more and more tourists are searching for cannabis-based experiences.
This 1 academic year program serves to educate the professionals, able to create, manage, promote, and conduct cannabis-based tours and activities.
This training has been specially devised to teach you all the information and skills you need to become a successful travel manager for cannabis-based tours and experiences. Instruction is in the form of lectures, learning objectives, case studies and questions of consideration, key ideas, activities, and individual assignments. The examination is in the form of continuous evaluation.
The main teaching language is English. This program will provide you with theoretical, linguistic, and practical skills.
The study plan includes intensive foreign language study modules. Spanish is obligatory for non-Spanish speakers. If Spanish is your native language or you have a C1 level, you can choose to study French or Russian instead. After completion of the Language module, you have the possibility to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE, (or correspondent French or Russian state exams) of A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 levels. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes
The specialization modules, which go separately from the Language module, are focused on providing the special, based on real-life experience knowledge. That gives students the possibility to start working in the chosen sphere right after finishing the Master’s degree, without the necessity of getting special training additionally. The module marks will be given based on continuous evaluation and the Final business project presentation.
After the theoretical modules are completed or simultaneously with it, all students have to complete an internship period in one of the companies in the sector in Spain or abroad.
Depending on the situation, and to provide each student a possibility to do the internship during the whole course, all classes might be done in a face-to-face manner or using the virtual classroom (streaming). This gives both students and to teachers extra mobility, providing the opportunity to be in class no matter what happens in the world.
Students can move between campuses or change the modality of studies from on-campus to online after finishing one module and before starting the next one.
- You will have the Access to the specialized online platform with all necessary study materials for all compulsory modules according to the study plan
- All students have to do a foreign language preparation module: Spanish, French or Russian. It is also recommendable to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have 3 months for each module to prepare all required for the graduation tests and projects. All the exams and presentations are done online with no necessity of being presential on one of the campuses.
- You will have the possibility to do an internship worldwide as an HTL student. The school will sign all necessary internship agreements. The internship can run simultaneously with your theoretical online studies. Once the internship is finished, it will be necessary to present the evaluation certificate to count it as a compulsory credit inside your transcript of studies.
- You can change the study modality between Online and On-campus trimestrally.
To enroll in the Master’s Degree, it is necessary:
1. fill out the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
– passport copy
– last studies transcript
– English level certificate, if any. If you don’t have any proof of your English level, you have to fill out the online placement test to be completed online before the online application is done. The direct link is on the Admissions page.
On successfully completing this Professional Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the
– Master’s Degree in Legal Cannabis Tourism Management
– SIELE Global (Spanish Language for Foreigners official diplomas)
2. Have attained an accredited qualification for managerial and supervisory levels showing you possess competence in professional work activities.
3. Have attained a high-level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Master Degree or Master Propio according to the Spanish National framework.
Many large and medium-sized travel companies search for new professionals, to wider their product range. Apart from being strictly tourism, cannabis-based activities may be useful in other spheres.
Opportunities exist within all sectors including:
- cannabis-based tours organizations
- cannabis-based events management
- luxury/VIP cannabis experiences
- cannabis public relations
- hospitality management and organization
- developing cannabis-based web pages and applications
- cannabis cosmetics
- cannabis-based eatable products
This 1 academic year program provides students with the expertise and professionalism required to succeed in the fast-paced and exciting industry of travel management and organization.
This area of study is open to all graduates, however, it may be particularly useful for graduates from hospitality and tourism, events management, business administration, and luxury/VIP management in tourism.
Travel managers are involved in developing and organizing innovative cannabis-based tours and experiences.
Key areas include:
- cannabis-based painting classes
- cannabis yoga sessions
- cannabis and wine tours
- cannabis-based spa experiences
The program blends the on-campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
After the theoretical part of the courses is finished, all students are invited to do an internship. We recommend joining our internship for a minimum of 3 months. HTL International School has signed a huge variety of educational agreements with different hotel chains, companies, and travel operators nationally, mainland, and on islands. According to Spanish law, it is possible to do a part-time (20 h/week) or full-time (40 h/week) internship during the study period or after the theoretical part is finished. Normally, the companies provide some grants, its quantity depends on the company policy regarding the interns. Some of the internship positions are published directly on our Internships&Jobs Portal. In case you have a company interested in you as an intern in Spain or abroad, please contact us to sign the internship agreement with your company.
- Degree Thesis
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
Master in Legal Cannabis Tourism Management
STUDY PLAN: 72 ECTS
Module I. Cannabis Tourism Management
- The World History of Cannabis
- Introduction to the Cannabis Industry
- Cannabis Tourism Activities
- Luxury/VIP Cannabis tourism
- Challenges to Cannabis Vacations
- Possession/Travel Laws
- Medical Use of Cannabinoids
- Initial steps: the Role of the business plan
- Human Resources and Employment
- The Practice of Pricing
- The Practice of Sales Promotion
- Customer Communication
Module II. Strategic Marketing
- Essence of Marketing
- The strategic marketing planning process
- Mission, value strategies, and market definition
- Internal analysis
- Customer analysis
- Industry analysis
- Competitors analysis
- SWOT analysis
- Corporate objectives and corporate strategies
- Marketing objectives and marketing strategies
- Product, price, place
- Marketing communication
- Organization and implementation of marketing
Module III. Leading customer experience
- Introduction to customer experience
- Qualities and Actions of the Customer-focused Leader
- Customer Insights and Priorities
- Recruiting for Attitude, Training for Excellence
- Motivating and Empowering Your People
- Communication and Praise
- Improve and Innovate
- Consistently Consistent
Module IV. Foreign Language (Spanish, French or Russian)
Official SIELE exam of Spanish for Foreigners preparation module
General French or Russian Language test according to the initial entrance level
Module V. Professional Spanish/French/Russian Language
Module VI. Final Project
· Project design
· Research tools
· Personal reflection
· Appropriate questionnaire designs
· Conducting academic research, literature search, and review
· Developing a research question, hypothesis and methodology
Module VII: Internship
Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners SIELE
French/Russian language exam
*One academic hour: 45 minutes