BA in HOTEL & TOURISM STUDIES
with knowledge of Two Languages + In-company Internship
For the first time, Spain ranks as the world’s most tourism-friendly country in the World Economic Forum’s Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index. Spain receives approximately 60.6 million annual international tourist arrivals. Spain is rich in natural, and cultural resources and entertainment. It also scores high in infrastructure, travel, and tourism policy, conditions, and business travel. During the last few years, The World’s 50 Best Restaurants listings have been led by the Spanish restaurant El Celler de Can Roca, and The World’s Best Pastry Chef Awards are also led by Spanish chefs. All these facts position Spain as the best place in the world to do tourism studies at any level.
HTL International School Bachelor’s degree in Hotel & Tourism Studies is divided into a 3-year program.
The main purposes and objectives are:
- To provide a basic knowledge of the tourism business and show the connections between hotel and travel management
- To Acquire a general understanding of the specialization subjects, like events management, human resources, public relations and tour guiding
- To improve English language communication skills
- To learn a second language and start to use it in a professional environment
This is a 100% on-campus program.
All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited DELE & SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
To enroll in the Bachelor’s Degree, it is necessary:
1. Fill out the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
– passport copy
– last study transcript
– English level certificate, if you don’t have any proof of your English level, we’ll send you the English level test to be completed online before the online application is done.
On successfully completing this High Graduate Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the initial professional degree
- Associate Degree (60 credits)
- Bachelor’s Degree (180 credits)
- Master’s Degree (240 credits)
- DELE or SIELE Global Diploma (Spanish Language for Foreigners official state diploma) or
- French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. The degree qualifies graduates to take over specialist and managerial positions in the tourism, travel industry, and hospitality as well as to pursue a Master’s degree course.
3. Have attained a high-level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Bachelor’s Degree or Grado Propio according to the Spanish National framework.
Graduates can expect to find a job position in:
- Hotels and resorts
- Travel agencies
- Hospitality training and consultancy companies
- Tourism and hotel consultancies
- International, state, regional, and local tourism organizations
- Institutional hospitality management
- Conferences and convention centers
- Private event companies
- Eco, adventure tourism organizations
- Business tourism consultancy
- Other various fields in the tourism industry
The HTL International School Bachelor in Hotel & Tourism Studies program prepares you for a successful career in the national and international tourism industry.
The program will help you to develop your managerial capabilities and business sense. A good command of at least two languages will provide you with a privileged position in the employment market. You’ll have a general overview of the key areas of the business of tourism: hospitality and tourism management, events management, public relations and marketing, human resources, and tour guiding.
The program blends the on-campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
- Degree Thesis
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
BACHELOR DEGREE STUDY PLAN
Year I: 60 ECTS credits
Module I: Business Spanish/French/Russian I
Module II: General Spanish/French/Russian I
Module III: Accounting
Module IV: Principles of Management and Finance
Module V: Public Relations and: Marketing Management
Module VI: Human Resources Management
Module VII: Introduction to Business Management
Module VIII: Internship (optional)
Year II: 60 ECTS credits
Module I: Introduction to Hotel Management
Module II: Corporation Finance
Module III: Strategic Marketing
Module IV: Organizational Behaviour
Module V: Leading Customer Experience
Module VI: Real Estate Management
Module VII: General Spanish/French/Russian II
Module VIII: Business Spanish/French/Russian II
Module IX: Internship
Year III: 60 ECTS credits
Module I: History of Business in Tourism
Module II: Digital Consumer Behaviour in Tourism
Module III: Introduction to Events Management
Module IV: Introduction to Luxury Management
Module V: Introduction to Restaurant Management
Module VI: General Spanish/French/Russian III
Module VII: Professional Spanish/French/Russian III
Module VIII: Internship
Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
French/Russian language exam