BA in INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
On Campus or Online + In-company Internship
On Campus version:
HTL International School Bachelor Degree in International Business is taught in English and aimed at recent high school graduates with a strong academic background, international career ambitions, and the drive to gain knowledge and skills in the international business field.
HTL International School Bachelor degree in International Business is divided into a 3 year programme:
- During the first year, you will concentrate on the fundamentals of business, such as the basics of marketing, management, business economics and human resources. You will get theoretical bases of business that will help you to understand business practices in global contexts.
- During the second year, you’ll receive a deeper knowledge in economics, international management, corporate finance, personal skills.
- The third year takes a deep insight into the practical and theoretical areas that are related to the broad field of international business.
All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
Intended learning outcomes:
- solid understanding of cross border, cross-cultural international business, trade, law, and economics to compete in the international business labour market as well as add value to domestic firms/employers with international relationships.
- apply proven theoretical and conceptual knowledge of global business challenges in multicultural contexts
- communicate effectively in English in oral, written and electronic formats using communication and information technology for business applications, and the ability to prepare and present reports
- learn a second language and start to use it in a professional environment
- You will have the Access to the specialized online platform for a period of one academic year with all necessary study materials for all compulsory modules according the study plan.
- All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have 6 months per academic year to prepare all required for the graduation tests. The Project presentation can be done online or personally at school.
- You will have the possibility to do internship worldwide as HTL student. The school will sign all necessary internship agreements. The internship can run all year round simultaneously with your theoretical online studies. Once the internship is finished, it will be necessary to present the evaluation certificate to count it as a compulsory credit inside your transcript of studies.
To enrol in the Bachelor’s Degree, it is necessary:
1. to fulfill the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
- passport copy
- last studies transcript
- English level certificate, if any. If you don’t have any proof of your English level, you can pass our online English placement test. The direct link is on Admissions page.
On successfully completing this High Graduate Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the initial professional degree
- Associate Degree (60 credits)
- Bachelor Degree (180 credits)
- Master Degree (240 credits)
- DELE or SIELE Global Diploma (Spanish Language for Foreigners official state diploma) or French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. The degree qualifies graduates to take over specialist and managerial positions in the international business, as well as to pursue a Master’s degree course.
3. Have attained a high level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Bachelor Degree or Grado Propio according to the Spanish National framework.
After graduation you will be well equipped for junior management positions at large international companies, government institutions or other organizations. Functional areas can include export, import, finance, controlling, business development, sales, marketing and customer care for example.
The HTL’s International School Bachelor in International Business overall purpose is to prepare you for a career in international business. You will train in advanced problem solving in an international context, and learn theoretical concepts, models, and tools derived from relevant research. This will be related to real and complex business problems throughout the programme.
The programme has an international focus, combining courses in business administration with courses in economics, economic history, statistics, informatics and business law. The program blends the on campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
After the theoretical part of the courses is finished, all students are invited to do an internship. We recommend to join our internship for a minimum of 3 months. HTL International School has signed a huge variety of educational agreements with different hotel chains, companies and travel operators nationally, mainland and islands. According to Spanish law, it is possible to do a part time (20 h/week) or full time (40 h/week) internship during the study period or after the theoretical part is finished. Normally, the companies provide some grant, its quantity depends on the company policy regarding the interns. Some of the internship positions are published directly on our Internships&Jobs Portal. In case you have a company interested in you as an intern in Spain or abroad, please contact us to sign the internship agreement with your company.
- Continuous Evaluation
- Final Project
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
BACHELOR DEGREE STUDY PLAN
Year I: 60 ECTS credits
Module I: Business English
Module II: Spanish I/French/Russian
Module III: Introduction to Macroeconomics
Module IV: Accounting I
Module V: Principles of Management
Module VI: Principles of Finance
Module VII: Marketing Management
Module VIII: Human Resources Management
Module XI: Problem Solving Management
Module X: Internship (optional)
Year II: 60 ECTS credits
Module I: Introduction to Microeconomics
Module II: Accounting II
Module III: International Business Management
Module IV: Corporation Finance
Module V: Marketing Research
Module VI: Organizational Behavior
Module VII: Business Communication Skills
Module VIII: Spanish II/French/Russian
Module IX: Business Spanish
Module X: Internship
Year III: 60 ECTS credits
Module I: International Economics and Business History
Module II: Introduction to Business Law
Module III: Economic Institutions and Markets
Module IV: International Marketing
Module V: International Finance and Accounting
Module VI: International Strategic Management
Module VII: International Taxation
Module VIII: Spanish III/French/Russian
Module IX: Internship
Module X: Business Thesis
Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
French/Russian language exam