BA in INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
with knowledge of Two Languages + In-company Internship
HTL International School Bachelor Degree in International Business is taught in English and aimed at recent high school graduates with a strong academic background, international career ambitions, and the drive to gain knowledge and skills in the international business field.
HTL International School Bachelor degree in International Business is divided into a 3 year programme:
- During the first year, you will concentrate on the fundamentals of business, such as the basics of marketing, management, business economics and human resources. You will get theoretical bases of business that will help you to understand business practices in global contexts.
- During the second year, you’ll receive a deeper knowledge in economics, international management, corporate finance, personal skills.
- The third year takes a deep insight into the practical and theoretical areas that are related to the broad field of international business.
All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited DELE & SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
Intended learning outcomes:
- solid understanding of cross border, cross-cultural international business, trade, law, and economics to compete in the international business labour market as well as add value to domestic firms/employers with international relationships.
- apply proven theoretical and conceptual knowledge of global business challenges in multicultural contexts
- communicate effectively in English in oral, written and electronic formats using communication and information technology for business applications, and the ability to prepare and present reports
- learn a second language and start to use it in a professional environment
This is a 100% on Campus program.
To enrol in the Bachelor Degree, it is necessary:
1. to fulfill the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
- passport copy
- last studies transcript
- English level certificate, if anyIf you don’t have any proof of your English level, we’ll send you the English level test to be completed online before the online application is done.
On successfully completing this High Graduate Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the initial professional degree
- Associate Degree (60 credits)
- Bachelor Degree (180 credits)
- Master Degree (240 credits)
- DELE or SIELE Global Diploma (Spanish Language for Foreigners official state diploma) or French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. The degree qualifies graduates to take over specialist and managerial positions in the international business, as well as to pursue a Master’s degree course.
3. Have attained a high level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Bachelor Degree or Grado Universitario according to the Spanish National framework.
After graduation you will be well equipped for junior management positions at large international companies, government institutions or other organizations. Functional areas can include export, import, finance, controlling, business development, sales, marketing and customer care for example.
The HTL’s International School Bachelor in International Business overall purpose is to prepare you for a career in international business. You will train in advanced problem solving in an international context, and learn theoretical concepts, models, and tools derived from relevant research. This will be related to real and complex business problems throughout the programme.
The programme has an international focus, combining courses in business administration with courses in economics, economic history, statistics, informatics and business law. The program blends the on campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
- Degree Thesis
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
BACHELOR DEGREE STUDY PLAN
Year I: 60 ECTS credits
Module I: Business English
Module II: Spanish I/French/Russian
Module III: Introduction to Macroeconomics
Module IV: Accounting I
Module V: Principles of Management
Module VI: Principles of Finance
Module VII: Marketing Management
Module VIII: Human Resources Management
Module XI: Problem Solving Management
Module X: Internship (optional)
Year II: 60 ECTS credits
Module I: Introduction to Microeconomics
Module II: Accounting II
Module III: International Business Management
Module IV: Corporation Finance
Module V: Marketing Research
Module VI: Organizational Behavior
Module VII: Business Communication Skills
Module VIII: Spanish II/French/Russian
Module IX: Business Spanish
Module X: Internship
Year III: 60 ECTS credits
Module I: International Economics and Business History
Module II: Introduction to Business Law
Module III: Economic Institutions and Markets
Module IV: International Marketing
Module V: International Finance and Accounting
Module VI: International Strategic Management
Module VII: International Taxation
Module VIII: Spanish III/French/Russian
Module IX: Internship
Module X: Business Thesis
Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
French/Russian language exam