Master in Sustainable Supply Chain and Logistics Management
on Campus or Online + In-company Internship
With the world moving toward sustainability this 1 academic year program will be beneficial for everyone planning to build a sustainable supply chain or change the existing supply chain adding more sustainability to it. During the studies, we will have a closer look at all the key areas in sustainable logistics and supply chain management, including sustainable product design and packaging; sustainable purchasing and procurement; environmental impact of freight transport; sustainable warehousing and storage; and much more.
The main teaching language is English. This program will provide you with theoretical, linguistic, and practical skills.
The study plan includes intensive foreign language study modules. Spanish is obligatory for non-Spanish speakers. If Spanish is your native language or you have a C1 level of it, you can choose to study French or Russian instead. After completion of the Language module, you have the possibility to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE, (or correspondent French or Russian state exams) of A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 levels. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes
The specialization modules, which go separately from the Language module, are focused on providing the special, based on real-life experience knowledge. That gives students the possibility to start working in the chosen sphere right after finishing the Master’s degree, without the necessity of getting special training additionally. The marks of the module will be given based on continuous evaluation and Final business project presentation.
After the theoretical modules are completed or simultaneously with it, all students have to complete an internship period in one of the companies in the sector in Spain or abroad.
Depending on the situation, and to provide each student a possibility to do the internship during the whole course, all classes might be done in a face-to-face manner or using the virtual classroom (streaming). This gives both students and teachers extra mobility, providing the opportunity to be in class no matter what happens in the world.
Students have the possibility to move between campuses or to change the modality of studies from on-campus to online after finishing one module and before starting the next one.
- You will have the Access to the specialized online platform with all necessary study materials for all compulsory modules according to the study plan
- All students have to do a foreign language preparation module: Spanish, French or Russian. It is also recommendable to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have 3 months for each module to prepare all required for the graduation tests and projects. All the exams and presentations are done online with no necessity of being presential in one of the campuses.
- You will have the possibility to do an internship worldwide as an HTL student. The school will sign all necessary internship agreements. The internship can run simultaneously with your theoretical online studies. Once the internship is finished, it will be necessary to present the evaluation certificate to count it as a compulsory credit inside your transcript of studies.
- You can change the study modality between Online and On-campus trimestrally.
To enroll in the Master Degree, it is necessary:
1. fill in the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
– passport copy
– last studies transcript
– English level certificate, if any. If you don’t have any proof of your English level, you have to fill out the online placement test to be completed online before the online application is done. The direct link is on the Admissions page.
On successfully completing this Professional Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the
– Master Degree in Sustainable Supply Chain and Logistics Management
– DELE Diploma or SIELE Global (Spanish Language for Foreigners official diplomas) or
– French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. Have attained an accredited qualification for managerial and supervisory levels showing you possess competence in professional work activities.
3. Have attained a high-level qualification equated to the International studies framework as Master Degree or Master Propio according to the Spanish National framework.
What is supply chain sustainability? It is about building environmental and social responsibility into the supply chain. There is a wide range of careers in the supply chain world where sustainability is a focus. An organization’s supply chain connects its inputs to its outputs. Sometimes it exists inside the organization and sometimes outside. Often the supply chain is about moving a product or even a service from suppliers to customers.
Supply chain activities include:
Supply chain management is a set of disciplines. It seeks to link the business processes across and within businesses. In the past supply chain management was about increasing efficiency. It was about controlling costs across the supply chain. Now there is a sustainability agenda. Now it’s about demonstrating and assuring ethical and social responsibility. Supply chain management has become responsible for the verification of sustainability. It does this through environmental and ethical audits, supplier scrutiny, and ethical sourcing.
The program´s objective is to help you keep the balance between successful business management and sustainability. You will be equipped with theoretical knowledge and practical skills to develop your own sustainable supply chain for any business of your choice
Upon finishing the program you will acquire:
- Strategic management planning skills
- Deep knowledge of sustainability and its application in day-to-day business life
- Analytical and solution-seeking skills in the supply chain and logistic sphere
- Business creation skills, answering all the requirements of the modern world regarding the sustainability and environmental respect
The program combines theoretical material, analysis of case studies, and practical internship for reaching the best possible results.
The program blends the on-campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
After the theoretical part of the courses is finished, all students are invited to do an internship. We recommend joining our internship for a minimum of 3 months. HTL International School has signed a huge variety of educational agreements with different hotel chains, companies, and travel operators nationally, mainland, and on islands. According to Spanish law, it is possible to do a part-time (20 h/week) or full-time (40 h/week) internship during the study period or after the theoretical part is finished. Normally, the companies provide some grants, its quantity depends on the company policy regarding the interns. Some of the internship positions are published directly on our Internships&Jobs Portal. In case you have a company interested in you as an intern in Spain or abroad, please contact us to sign the internship agreement with your company.
- Final Project
- Continuous Evaluation
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
Master in SUSTAINABLE SUPPLY CHAIN AND LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT
STUDY PLAN: 72 ECTS
Module I: Supply Chain and Logistics
- Transformation of Demand into Supply
- Transformation Process Choices
- Demand Forecasting and Demand Management
- Master planning
- Master Production Scheduling
- Material Requirements Planning
- Inventory Management
- Purchasing Management
- Physical Distribution Management
- Distribution Inventory Management
Module II. Sustainable Management
- Introduction to Sustainable Operations Management
- Towards a Circular Economy
- Sustainable Operations Strategy
- Sustainable Operations Management Practices
- Sustainable Facilities
- Sustainable Supply Chains
- Sustainable Production
- Process Technologies for Sustainable Operations
- Sustainable Design and Product Development
Module III. General Intensive Foreign Language (Spanish, French or Russian)
Official DELE exam of Spanish for Foreigners preparation module
General French or Russian Language test according to the initial entrance level
Module IV. Professional Spanish/French/Russian Language
Module V. Final Project
· Project design
· Research tools
· Personal reflection
· Appropriate questionnaire designs
· Conducting academic research, literature search, and review
· Developing a research question, hypothesis and methodology
· Managing a research project
Module VI: Professional Internship
Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
French/Russian language exam
*One academic hour: 45 minutes