Master in Modern Fashion Industry Management
on Campus or Online + In-company InternshipApply now Download PDF
The fashion industry is attracting a new genre of fashion professionals with the interdisciplinary skills and techniques required to respond to the demands of the sensitive consumer and a competitive global marketplace. There is a great demand for new talent and many opportunities for graduates to be valuable assets in a fashion company, even if you don’t have a knack for design. Fashion is a world of illusion and glamour on one hand and a complex business on the other. Its success relies on the talent and vision of those working in the industry, both in design and management. This program will provide you with a first look into the number of roles and activities that take place within the contemporary fashion industry.
This training has been specially devised to provide you with advanced knowledge in different types of the fashion business, fashion forecast, trend prediction, fashion design and retail, fashion manager activities, supply chain, promotion, and retail formats, fashion communication, fashion entrepreneurship, financial models for running a successful business. Instruction is in the form of lectures, learning objectives, case studies and questions of consideration, key ideas, activities, and individual assignments. The examination is in the form of written exams and individual and group assignments and workshop exercises. Discussed in classroom case studies cover different professional areas, from Tourism Industry to the Retail sector, this will help to choose the specialization sphere to work in.
The main teaching language is English. This program will provide you with theoretical, linguistic, and practical skills.
The study plan includes intensive foreign language study modules. Spanish is obligatory for non-Spanish speakers. If Spanish is your native language or you have a C1 level, you can choose to study French or Russian instead. After completion of the Language module, you have the possibility to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE, (or correspondent French or Russian state exams) of A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 levels. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes
The specialization modules, which go separately from the Language module, are focused on providing the special, based on real-life experience knowledge. That gives students the possibility to start working in the chosen sphere right after finishing the Master’s degree, without the necessity of getting special training additionally. The module marks will be given based on continuous evaluation and the Final business project presentation.
After the theoretical modules are completed or simultaneously with it, all students have to complete an internship period in one of the companies in the sector in Spain or abroad.
Depending on the situation, and to provide each student a possibility to do the internship during the whole course, all classes might be done in a face-to-face manner or using the virtual classroom (streaming). This gives both students and to teachers extra mobility, providing the opportunity to be in class no matter what happens in the world.
Students can move between campuses or change the modality of studies from on-campus to online after finishing one module and before starting the next one.
- You will have the Access to the specialized online platform with all necessary study materials for all compulsory modules according to the study plan
- All students have to do a foreign language preparation module: Spanish, French or Russian. It is also recommendable to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have 3 months for each module to prepare all required for the graduation tests and projects. All the exams and presentations are done online with no necessity of being presential on one of the campuses.
- You will have the possibility to do an internship worldwide as an HTL student. The school will sign all necessary internship agreements. The internship can run simultaneously with your theoretical online studies. Once the internship is finished, it will be necessary to present the evaluation certificate to count it as a compulsory credit inside your transcript of studies.
- You can change the study modality between Online and On-campus trimestrally.
To enroll in the Master Degree, it is necessary:
1. fill out the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
– passport copy
– last studies transcript
– English level certificate, if any. If you don’t have any proof of your English level, you have to fill the online placement test to be completed online before the online application is done. The direct link is on the Admissions page.
On successfully completing this Professional Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the
– Master’s Degree in Modern Fashion Industry Management
– DELE Diploma or SIELE Global (Spanish Language for Foreigners official diplomas) or
– French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. Have attained an accredited qualification for managerial and supervisory levels showing you possess competence in professional work activities.
3. Have attained a high-level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Master’s Degree or Master Propio according to the Spanish National framework.
Fashion careers can take many different forms, so if you have a head for business and apply it to your love for fashion, there is a career in fashion management for you
- Fashion Manager
- Brand Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Fashion Manufacturer
- Retail / Sales / Promoter
- Marketing / Advertising / Communication Manager
- Ecommerce / Social Media
- Visual Presentation / Stylist
HTL International School is committed to giving you opportunities to develop as a scholar, leader, innovator, and global citizen.
You can expect to develop capabilities that will enhance your career and help you make a positive impact on society.
While enhancing your critical thinking and analytical skills, your studies will equip you with strong communication, teamwork, and leadership skills as well as cross-cultural understanding.
A Master in Fashion Management graduate is expected to have skills and capabilities in the following areas :
- Knowledge and practice: Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the theories and practices of innovation, commercialization, and entrepreneurial processes and the ability to apply this knowledge effectively in the context of high uncertainty and risk.
- Critical thinking: Effectively evaluate and synthesize evidence from multiple sources in the context of high uncertainty and innovation.
- Solution seeking: Effectively frame complex problems, use entrepreneurial thinking to identify and implement appropriate processes, and apply systematic learning to move processes towards a desirable solution/outcome.
- Communication and engagement: Work effectively in teams, communicate orally and in writing using a range of media, and demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in diverse contexts.
- Independence and integrity: Work autonomously and ethically, demonstrating self-management and self-reflection in uncertain and complex situations.
- Social and environmental responsibility: Make business decisions that reflect an understanding of their environmental, social responsibilities and sustainability.
The program blends the on-campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
After the theoretical part of the courses is finished, all students are invited to do an internship. We recommend joining our internship for a minimum of 3 months. HTL International School has signed a huge variety of educational agreements with different hotel chains, companies, and travel operators nationally, mainland and on islands. According to Spanish law, it is possible to do a part-time (20 h/week) or full-time (40 h/week) internship during the study period or after the theoretical part is finished. Normally, the companies provide some grants, its quantity depends on the company policy regarding the interns. Some of the internship positions are published directly on our Internships&Jobs Portal. In case you have a company interested in you as an intern in Spain or abroad, please contact us to sign the internship agreement with your company.
- Degree Thesis
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
Master in Modern Fashion Industry Management
STUDY PLAN: 72 ECTS
Module I. Fundamentals of Fashion Management
- The Business of Fashion
- Fashion Trend Prediction
- Getting a Product to Market
- Fashion Transition
- Fashion Communication
- The Fashion Machine
- Fashion Entrepreneurship
- Fashion Management
Module II. Strategic Marketing
- Essence of Marketing
- The strategic marketing planning process
- Mission, value strategies, and market definition
- Internal analysis
- Customer analysis
- Industry analysis
- Competitors analysis
- SWOT analysis
- Corporate objectives and corporate strategies
- Marketing objectives and marketing strategies
- Product, price, place
- Marketing communication
- Organization and implementation of marketing
Module III. Leading customer experience
- Introduction to customer experience
- Qualities and Actions of the Customer-focused Leader
- Customer Insights and Priorities
- Recruiting for Attitude, Training for Excellence
- Motivating and Empowering Your People
- Communication and Praise
- Improve and Innovate
- Consistently Consistent
Module IV. Foreign Language (Spanish, French or Russian)
Official SIELE exam of Spanish for Foreigners preparation module
General French or Russian Language test according to the initial entrance level
Module V. Professional Spanish/French/Russian Language
Module VI. Final Project
· Project design
· Research tools
· Personal reflection
· Appropriate questionnaire designs
· Conducting academic research, literature search, and review
· Developing a research question, hypothesis and methodology
Module VII: Internship
Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners SIELE
French/Russian language exam
*One academic hour: 45 minutes