BA in HOTEL & TOURISM STUDIES
On Campus or Online + In-company Internship
On Campus version
For the first time, Spain ranks as the world’s most tourism-friendly country in the World Economic Forum’s Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index. Spain receives approximately 60.6 million annual international tourists arrivals. Spain is rich in natural, cultural resources and entertainment. It also scores high in infrastructure, travel and tourism policy, conditions, and business travel. During the last few years, The World’s 50 Best restaurants listings are led by the Spanish restaurant El Celler de Can Roca and The World’s Best Pastry Chef Awards are also led by Spanish chefs. All these facts position Spain as the best place in the world to do tourism studies at any level.
HTL International School Bachelor degree in Hotel & Tourism Studies is divided into a 3 year programme.
The main purposes and objectives are:
- To provide a basic knowledge of the tourism business and show the connections between hotel and travel management
- To Acquire a general understanding of the specialization subjects, like events management, human resources, public relations and tour guiding
- To improve English language communication skills
- To learn a second language and start to use it in a professional environment
This is a 100% on Campus program.
All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited DELE & SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have the Access to the specialized online platform for a period of 9 months per academic year with all necessary study materials for all compulsory modules according the study plan
- All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited DELE & SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have 9 months per academic year to prepare all required for the graduation tests and exams. The exams can be done online or personally at school in Barcelona or Valencia.
- You will have the possibility to do internship worldwide as HTL student. The school will sign all necessary internship agreements. The internship can run all year round simultaneously with your theoretical online studies. Once the internship is finished, it will be necessary to present the evaluation certificate to count it as a compulsory credit inside your transcript of studies.
To enrol in the Bachelor Degree, it is necessary:
1. to fulfill the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
– passport copy
– last studies transcript
– English level certificate, if anyIf you don’t have any proof of your English level, we’ll send you the English level test to be completed online before the online application is done.
On successfully completing this High Graduate Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the initial professional degree
- Associate Degree (60 credits)
- Bachelor Degree (180 credits)
- Master Degree (240 credits)
- DELE or SIELE Global Diploma (Spanish Language for Foreigners official state diploma) or
- French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. The degree qualifies graduates to take over specialist and managerial positions in the tourism, travel industry, hospitality as well as to pursue a Master’s degree course.
3. Have attained a high level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Bachelor Degree or Grado Universitario according to the Spanish National framework.
Graduates can expect to find a job position in:
- Hotels and resorts
- Travel agencies
- Hospitality training and consultancy companies
- Tourism and hotel consultancies
- International, state, regional and local tourism organizations
- Institutional hospitality management
- Conferences and conventions centers
- Private event companies
- Eco, adventure tourism organizations
- Business tourism consultancy
- Other various fields in the tourism industry
The HTL International School Bachelor in Hotel & Tourism Studies program prepares you for a successful career in the national and international tourism industry.
The program will help you to develop your managerial capabilities and business sense. The good command of at least two languages will provide you a privileged position in the employment market. You’ll have a general overview of the key areas of the business of tourism: hospitality and tourism management, events management, public relations and marketing, human resources, tour guiding.
The program blends the on campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
- Degree Thesis
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
BACHELOR DEGREE STUDY PLAN
Year I: 60 ECTS credits
Module I: Professional English in the Tourism Industry
Module II: Spanish I/French/Russian
Module III: Introduction to the Business of Tourism
Module IV: Geography of Tourism
Module V: History of Tourism
Module VI: Final Project
Module VII: Internship (optional)
Year II: 60 ECTS credits
Module I: Hospitality and Tourism Industry
Module II: Management in the Hospitality Industry
Module III: Customer Service
Module IV: Communication Skills
Module V: Spanish II/French/Russian
Module VI: Professional Spanish in the Tourism field
Module VII: Final Project
Module VIII: Internship
Year III: 60 ECTS credits
Module I: Human resources management in Tourism
Module II: Public Relations and Marketing in Tourism
Module III: Introduction to Events management
Module IV: Introduction to Tour guiding
Module V: Accounting in Tourism
Module VI: Spanish III/French/Russian
12 ECTS Credits
Module VII: Internship
6 ECTS Credits
Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
French/Russian language exam
Please click for alternative Online Enrolment form if this one doesn’t work properly