BA in HOTEL & TOURISM STUDIES
On-Campus or Online + In-company Internship
For the first time, Spain ranks as the world’s most tourism-friendly country in the World Economic Forum’s Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index. Spain receives approximately 85 million annual international tourist arrivals. Spain is rich in natural, cultural resources and entertainment. It also scores high in infrastructure, travel and tourism policy, conditions, and business travel. During the last few years, The World’s 50 Best Restaurant listings are led by the Spanish restaurant El Celler de Can Roca and The World’s Best Pastry Chef Awards are also led by Spanish chefs. All these facts position Spain as the best place in the world to do tourism studies at any level.
HTL International School Bachelor’s degree in Hotel & Tourism Studies is divided into a 3-year program.
The main purposes and objectives are:
- To provide a basic knowledge of the tourism business and show the connections between hotel and travel management
- To Acquire a general understanding of the specialization subjects, like events management, human resources, public relations, and tour guiding
- To improve English language communication skills
- To learn a second language and start to use it in a professional environment
The main teaching language is English. This program will provide you with theoretical, linguistic, and practical skills.
The study plan includes intensive foreign language study modules. Spanish is obligatory for non-Spanish speakers. If Spanish is your native language or you have a C1 level in it, you can choose to study French or Russian instead. After completion of the Language module, you have the possibility to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE, (or correspondent French or Russian state exams) of A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 levels. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes
The specialization modules, which go separately from the Language module, are focused on providing the special, based on real-life experience knowledge. That gives students the possibility to start working in the chosen sphere right after finishing the degree, without the necessity of getting special training additionally. The module marks will be given based on continuous evaluation and the Final business project presentation.
After the theoretical modules are completed or simultaneously with it, all students have to complete an internship period in one of the companies in the sector in Spain or abroad.
Depending on the situation, and to provide each student a possibility to do the internship during the whole course, all classes might be done in a face-to-face manner or using the virtual classroom (streaming). This gives both students and teachers extra mobility, providing the opportunity to be in class no matter what happens in the world.
Students can move between campuses or change the modality of studies from on-campus to online after finishing one module and before starting the next one. The face-to-face modality is offered only on the Barcelona campus. The virtual classroom modality is offered in Barcelona, Madrid, and Valencia on the same timetable as the face-to-face modality.
- You will have the Access to the specialized online platform available 24/7 with all necessary study materials for all compulsory modules according to the study plan
- All students have to do a foreign language preparation module: Spanish, French or Russian. It is also recommendable to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
- You will have 3 months for each module to prepare all required for the graduation tests and projects. All the exams and presentations are done online with no necessity of being presential on one of the campuses.
- You will have the possibility to do an internship worldwide as an HTL student. The school will sign all necessary internship agreements. The internship can run simultaneously with your theoretical online studies. Once the internship is finished, it will be necessary to present the evaluation certificate to count it as a compulsory credit inside your transcript of studies.
- You can change the study modality between Online and On-campus trimestrally.
To enroll in a Bachelor Degree, it is necessary:
1. to fulfill the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
– passport copy
– last studies transcript
– English level certificate, if any. If you don’t have any proof of your English level, you can pass our online English placement test. The direct link is on the Admissions page.
On successfully completing this High Graduate Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the initial professional degree
- Associate Degree (60 credits)
- Bachelor Degree (180 credits)
- Master Degree (240 credits)
- DELE or SIELE Global Diploma (Spanish Language for Foreigners official state diploma) or
- French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. The degree qualifies graduates to take over specialist and managerial positions in the tourism, travel industry, and hospitality as well as to pursue a Master’s degree course.
3. Have attained a high-level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Bachelor Degree or Grado Propio according to the Spanish National framework.
Graduates can expect to find a job position in:
- Hotels and resorts
- Travel agencies
- Hospitality training and consultancy companies
- Tourism and hotel consultancies
- International, state, regional and local tourism organizations
- Institutional hospitality management
- Conferences and conventions centers
- Private event companies
- Eco, adventure tourism organizations
- Business tourism consultancy
- Other various fields in the tourism industry
The HTL International School Bachelor in Hotel & Tourism Studies program prepares you for a successful career in the national and international tourism industry.
The program will help you to develop your managerial capabilities and business sense. Good command of at least two languages will provide you with a privileged position in the employment market. You’ll have a general overview of the key areas of the business of tourism: hospitality and tourism management, events management, public relations and marketing, human resources, and tour guiding.
The program blends the on-campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
After the theoretical part of the courses is finished, all students are invited to do an internship. We recommend joining our internship for a minimum of 3 months. HTL International School has signed a huge variety of educational agreements with different hotel chains, companies, and travel operators nationally, mainland, and on islands. According to Spanish law, it is possible to do a part-time (20 h/week) or full-time (40 h/week) internship during the study period or after the theoretical part is finished. Normally, the companies provide some grants, its quantity depends on the company policy regarding the interns. Some of the internship positions are published directly on our Internships&Jobs Portal. In case you have a company interested in you as an intern in Spain or abroad, please contact us to sign the internship agreement with your company.
- Continuous Evaluation
- Final Project
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
BACHELOR DEGREE STUDY PLAN
Year I: 60 ECTS credits
Module I: Professional Spanish/French/Russian I in the Tourism Industry
Module II: General Spanish/French/Russian I
Module III: Introduction to the Business of Tourism
Module IV: Human Resources Management in Tourism
Module V: Public Relations and Marketing in Tourism
Module VI: Accounting Tourism
Module VII: Management and Finance
Module VIII: Course Project
Module IX: Internship (optional)
Year II: 60 ECTS credits
Module I: Introduction to the Real Estate Management
Module II: Management in the Hospitality Industry
Module III: Leading Customer Service Experience
Module IV: Introduction to Marketing
Module V: F&B Management
Module VI: General Spanish/French/Russian II
Module VII: Professional Spanish/French/Russian II in the Tourism
Module VIII: Internship
Year III: 60 ECTS credits
Module I: History of Business in Tourism
Module II: Digital Consumer Behavior in Tourism
Module III: Introduction to Events Management
Module IV: Introduction to Luxury Management
Module V: Organizational Behavior in Tourism
Module VI: General Spanish/French/Russian III
Module VII: Professional Spanish/French/Russian III
Module VIII: Internship
Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
French/Russian language exam